The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
42 degrees and sunny.  Melting fast now.  Back to work this afternoon.  Two meetings.

Tom, get well.  

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Tom: I'd do almost anything not to go to the gym. I took an extra math course in high school because it was in the PhysEd slot.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

19 and cloudy headed for 32 and partly cloudy. Temps above freezing have been scheduled by our friends at the National Weather Service for the next several days with no precipitation in sight.

Finally starting to feel better. Went to the gym yesterday but the cold medicine left me feeling lethargic so I only spent about a half hour there. Today I'm going to try again but without and medication.

Don - after a pulmonary embolism the doc had me on Warfarin to dissolve it. After three months he wanted me to stay on it even though my cholesterol was well within guidelines. Can you say kickback? Or Just have me coming back for weekly or monthly checks. Anything to make a buck.

David - I was that way in high school also but I took a different route. Played violin for three years.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Tom, I doubt that there's a kickback on such a common drug as Warfarin, but there's something to question about having to come back every few weeks to check your INR along with a co-pay each time.

Warming up a bit, still with highs around 70's. Can't tell about later this week, nor can the weather-guessers since their forecasts are all over the map. Rain, no rain, hot, cold and maybe even snow. Just as long as they stay away from those triple-digit temps for a while, I'll just go with the flow... Rain is out of the forecast for the wedding this weekend, a bit chilly, but clear skies all day.... 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
52 degrees and sunny.  Filing FCC complaint against Spectrum on behalf of citizens of Rolesville and self.  Fed up with complaints and nothing working right.

Hunting tomorrow.
Greetings, gang.

It's clear and 27 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 30s with some clouds moving in as the day progresses.

Went to the gym yesterday and had a good workout. Feeling back to "normal" (I know, can I ever be considered normal?) Today is a swimming day at the gym followed by laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all. Chilly for sure with lows just into the 30's. To us, that's equivalent to being in a blizzard. Highs not expected to get out of the mid-60's, but we'll be back around 70 (+/-) starting tomorrow.

Ya know, current technology is making Christmas just a bit less festive. We see shots on TV of peoples CCTV of "porch pirates", (or common criminals), robbing what is rightfully not theirs. Someone actually sent out a 6-year old girl to steal a package. We see shots of people stealing Christmas decorations off of people's lawns, and yesterday there was a shot of a vehicle driving up on lawns just to run down decorations. Were all these things happening in the past, just that the proliferation of private cameras are just now recording this? People are leaving stores without paying for merchandise, TV sets, toys and other things that aren't theirs until they pay for them. Are people that desperate, or just opportunistic thieves? And what about those that are causing intentional damage, or again, stealing or damaging decorations just to ruin other people's efforts to spread joy to the holiday. It's just that all this is disappointing that there are people out there doing all this, ruining Christmas for others.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
41 degrees and mostly sunny.  Rain on the way for later tonight and tomorrow [what's new].

Sinus thingy. Wifey tried to tell me no hunting. Then she came up with, "Since you are not going hunting, what can we do [meant shopping]?" "Think I'm going hunting since its warm."  Got a frown.

Later.
Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Same old clouds and gloom but above freezing which I'm always thankful for.
Annual Club Christmas party coming up on Saturday evening. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
We went over to see our RV today. The body shop did a fantastic job -- even better than the RV dealer had expected. There is a full new back panel --right up over the curve to the roof-- and they did something to the side panel as well. The back end now puts the rest of the vehicle to shame. The ladder had just arrived but they want a couple of days inside for something to set. Monday we can pick it up and take it over for the emissions test (that is being abolished in April).
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 24 outside my window this morning with a predicted high in the upper 30s.

Quiet day again yesterday. Swam almost a half mile but my back was bothering me and I could only walk about a half mile. After breakfast I'm going to send my drone up to see if I can get some good fog/city light pictures.

All stay safe.

Tom

Ok, here's what I got with the drone. Image quality is not great nor is visibility which is about 3 blocks. But it was fun and educational. Learned that I need a lot more practice in flying the drone.
[Image: IMG_2018-12-14%2007-20-20.jpg]

Tom

Nice Tom, I've thought about getting a camera drone, but it could be difficult to use in our neighborhood since we're on or close to the flight path to Luke AFB.

Really chilly this morning, started off in the high 30's, still not freezing, but getting close. We should wind up with highs in the low 70's for a few more days, then some rain early next week. Speaking of getting close, they just opened the ticket windows for spring training and released the schedules. We're not finished with Football, basketball and hockey, and they're advertising baseball already. Seems like the first games will be in late February and run through the end of March. I'm not that sure since I don't follow, or even care about the games. Lots of folks do though, for them, spring training is their winter vacation time. Then there are those guys that hang around the streets outside the stadiums wearing gloves to catch whatever comes over the fences.... What a way to spend your vacation, chasing fly balls.... Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 18 with a predicted high in the mid 40s. Looks to be a nice day.

Had a good workout yesterday. Watched a young woman work hard and asked her what she did to require that much work. She just smiled and said "Nothing, just working out." Saw her later continuing her workout and told her she had to stop because I was tired. She just laughed and kept working.

This morning I'm off to get some groceries. The rest of the day will be spent... pretty much doing nothing productive.

Don - with all the scenery and empty country around you you could have a lot of fun with a drone. Also check out raydunakin.com. He posts over on the RR line forum and has posted some cool train and other videos using a (much better than mine) drone.

All stay safe.

Tom

Foggy and 50 degrees.  Tom, pretty neat picture.  Frankie has his drone pilot's license for sheriff's dept. 

Sorry LG refrigerator died again [yes, worked on 3 times under warranty in 4 years].  Got Samsung one being delivered Monday.  Lowes.  No one stocks refrigerators much.  LG is not our recommendation.  Washer worked on twice.  Direr was dead when delivered.  Wifey and her, "I want matching appliances".   Well, Samsung this time.  Maybe it will last more than 4 years. 

Have a good one.