The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, a bit chilly right now (51), but heading to the low 80's once again. Tomorrow is different we hope, really, really good chance of rain through to the weekend. Heading out in a bit to do some target shooting, glad Mother Nature is giving us a nice day to do that.

Making very slow progress on my layout, but getting things  done at any pace is good. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning.  Presently it is 33 degrees in southeast Ohio. Woke up at 6 AM with no power. It came back at 8:30 just as I was about to kick on the generator. 
I have had it a year and it has 1.3 hours run time. 
Sunrise was beautiful. 
I might just take a little nap before getting into anything serious.
Charlie
Long day.  Finally home.  Resting up till bed.  Early out tomorrow.  Had rain and chilly.

Later.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Dark and cool this morning. It's 35 and clear with a sunny high near 50 predicted for later today. Had some rain late yesterday afternoon but the rain gauge is put away for the winter. 1-2 inches of rain predicted for tomorrow.

Moderately productive yesterday. Got stocked up on groceries and made it to the gym. In the afternoon I was able to create a hold mail without having to provide a cell phone number. Three weeks ago I couldn't do that. Go figure. The weather was warm enough yesterday that I was able to sit on the front porch late in the afternoon with the aid of my trusty space heater. Today and tomorrow also look promising weather-wise for the same activity.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym and a trip to Menards for some 9 volt batteries. Two of the three smoke alarms started chirping this morning so I'll replace all three batteries.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, we did go target shooting yesterday, the sun was getting so hot that we had to move our table into the shade of the van. Not much else out in the desert to shade you. Just a pleasant day, no wind like the last time we went out. A lot different starting today, low temps, lots of rain. Two storms heading out way, we need the rain, although I'm sure the weeds do too.

Can't believe that we're almost a week away from Thanksgiving, those "Black Friday" ads and commercials are driving me up a wall. Been seeing them since July. Do they not have any  sense of respect (for the holiday), and compassion (for us)? Nope A local TV station asked when it was OK to start celebrating Christmas, some 6% said, "all year", a bunch more said it was OK after the first of November. We're still going to wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving as we've always done.

Those smoke alarm batteries usually don't go bad until the middle of the night. The house we had a few years ago had several in such a position that it was hard to tell which one was chirping. After replacing all the batteries (not much fun when you have vaulted ceilings), we still had the chirp and realized that it was the CO2 detector, not the smoke alarms....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  44 and rainy.  Out the door to Dr.

Wifey has already decorated the den [tree and all] for Christmas.  Told her didn't agree until after Thanksgiving.  Should have heard the chin music. 

Later.
Good morning all, a wet one here. Started raining for a while early yesterday afternoon, then stopped until sometime in the middle of the night. Woke up to lots of thunder, big storm rolling though. More in the forecast through Friday, then some more next week. Maybe we'll catch up a bit before the end of the year. Temps are down as well, no more 80's in the forecast, all low to mid-60's at least though next week. Winter has arrived in Arizona, they even have snow if their forecasts down as low as 5000 feet, meaning even Prescott, just about 100 miles to the north of, us will be white. I'm OK with that, just a long as they keep it up there.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 37 at the moment with a predicted high in the mid 50s. Rain moves in this evening and will leave again by morning. Could get up to 3/4 inch.

Swam a half mile yesterday then started walking the track. Developed a nasty shin splint so gave up on that. Yesterday afternoon I cleaned out the inside of the car. Shoulders are sore this morning so I may have to skip the gym today. This afternoon will find me outside cleaning up another batch of leaves. May be my last chance. The yard waste disposal site generally closes by Thanksgiving. I'll give it one more shot on Saturday but I'm leaving Monday for Texas so that will be my last chance.

Gas back up to $2.39.9 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Beautiful day.  Sunny and 55.  Wish I was hunting.  Got Church group coming for dinner.  Got to cook two meals.  One for us and one for gluten free.  Icon_rolleyes 

Have a good one.
Good morning everyone, yup, a beautiful day here as well (for us desert dwellers, maybe not the snowbirds). It's still raining out right now for the third day in a row. We're catching up a bit, some places got well over 2", we should be at least 1" here in Surprise. Every once in a while the TV guessers will show a map of how much rain there was in each area, but, I just now found a weather map supplied by the county and it shows that we have had 1.42" in Surprise over the past three days. I'm keeping that sucker bookmarked, 'cos I'm always wondering how much rain we've had. Funny how you can search for something one time and get a bunch of useless links, then the next time, up pops just what you're looking for..... Applause 

Oh, more rain in the forecast for next week. I'll do some more searching and maybe I'll find more reliable data, right now it appears that those guessers are using a dart board as their data source.

Still working on a few scenes on my layout, for some reason, it's going a lot slower than when I did my first one about 18 years ago and I have to wonder why..... Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and light drizzle are the weather words for today. 40 at the moment down to 34 by late this afternoon. When I got up at about 5:30 it was 45. Wind is 15-20 mph with gusts up to 30. Not the best day to work outside.

Skipped the gym yesterday due to laziness rather than physical discomfort. The ibuprofen easily handle the sore shoulders. I did get the leaves cleaned up yesterday but with the wind and rain there is another nice crop on the ground this morning. I'll try to get those cleaned up tomorrow afternoon. This morning I'll head to the gym and this afternoon I'll do some preliminary packing for my trip next week.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Rain today, high of 50.

No train news except for us 3railers Lionel is shipping their new Legacy Hudson.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning everyone, still a bit damp here. The rain stopped for a while yesterday and I was able to get around to a few errands. Around 2:00 we saw this big dump of rain off to the southwest and wondered if it was heading our way. it was, another 1/4" of rain here, a whole bunch of hail just south of us. The news showed kids sledding down hills, an air shot looked like we were someplace in Michigan instead of Arizona. Total rainfall in our area this week was over 2" with a slight chance of some today and more to come next week. High chance of a wet Thanksgiving and the few days after. Glad we have absolutely no intentions of going shopping for anything then. Can you imagine, going to Walmart Friday morning because you ran out of milk or eggs, or Home Depot because you need some glue or a box of nails? Nope Be prepared, stay home, none of that is on sale anyway, TV's and tools are what folks are standing in line for... Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 22 headed for sunny and 38. Nice fall day.

Another quiet day yesterday. Even my Thursday group was somewhat subdued. Gas prices are getting goofy. Tuesday's price was $2.39.9. Wednesday everyone jumped to $2.44.9. Yesterday prices were from $2.34.9 to $2.44.9. Rare to have such a big difference. I think most of the time all the price signs are controlled from a central point here.

Today I need to haul yard waste. Gonna skip the gym. Not much else planned.

All stay safe.

Tom

Cloudy and 33. Rain most of yesterday.
Gas prices here have done the same, went from $2.33 to $2.49 overnight.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)