SIDE SHOT SATURDAY
Here is one of my newer locomotives. A Reading Bachmann Spectrum SD-45. I just finished adding the railings, couplers, and horns.

[Image: trDmHXS.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(03-06-2021, 10:54 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Come on, has nobody any ideas what happened here?

Lutz

Well, you've definitely made some changes, including changing out the pair of single air compressors for a compound one, and you've also removed the rear sandbox (dome).  The first picture of this loco looked like an 0-8-0, and it now appears to be  a 2-8-0 although the different pencilled-on cab numbers make me wonder if this is all the same loco or two rather similar ones.
I also notice that the generator has been moved, and along with the top-feed check valve, which is now behind the front sandbox, with the bell behind it.

The loco in first photo of the series looks to be a model of a fairly early prototype, while the last photo looks like the same locomotive, but modernised, with some newer appliances and a more ordered arrangement of them.

I like the looks of the of the updated locomotive the best.

Wayne
Late entry---CNR T4A #4300

[Image: 50719379563_7963b133dd_k.jpg]P1420295 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
...and an even later one, that's not all that interesting....

....a boxcar, about to be spotted...

...and on the move...    

Wayne
(03-06-2021, 06:19 PM)doctorwayne Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:54 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Come on, has nobody any ideas what happened here?

Lutz

Well, you've definitely made some changes, including changing out the pair of single air compressors for a compound one, and you've also removed the rear sandbox (dome).  The first picture of this loco looked like an 0-8-0, and it now appears to be  a 2-8-0 although the different pencilled-on cab numbers make me wonder if this is all the same loco or two rather similar ones.
I also notice that the generator has been moved, and along with the top-feed check valve, which is now behind the front sandbox, with the bell behind it.

The loco in first photo of the series looks to be a model of a fairly early prototype, while the last photo looks like the same locomotive, but modernised, with some newer appliances and a more ordered arrangement of them.

I like the looks of the of the updated locomotive the best.

Wayne

Wayne,

in real there are 3 locos. All are from United/PFM. One is a B&O Class E-27 2-8-0 and two are B&O Class L-2 0-8-0.
The B&O aquired all if it's heavy switch engines by rebuilding them from elderly 2-8-0s. They were modernized too with outside valve gears, piston steam chests and other stuff.
It is told, that some of these 0-8-0s were again rebuilt into 2-8-0s in the early 1950's.

Last year i got an offer to purchase a PFM L-2 for little money and i could'nt resist. So i had 2 of these 0-8-0 L-2s. One of these L-2s was converted to a Consolidation by me.

Lutz
(03-08-2021, 07:11 AM)Schraddel Wrote: ....It is told, that some of these 0-8-0s were again rebuilt into 2-8-0s in the early 1950's.

Lutz

Yeah, that makes sense, as by that time, the B&O would have lots of diesel switchers for yard work.  Rebuilding the 0-8-0s into 2-8-0s would make those locos suitable for branchline service, many of which might not yet have been dieselised.

Wayne
CNR S2A #3547

[Image: 51023679376_a42ba7e69b_k.jpg]P1430241 (3) by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
CNR U4A #6400

[Image: 39716912832_6ecf50c674_h.jpg]002 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Arrival at Christophers Landing

Not sure if this in in this thread or not, but, Big Boy is my offering this week Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: MmICjnJ.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
WOW Deano---your recent steam shots are awesome.
The latest arrival to the Wilderson. PRR Q2. 4-4-6-4. Not near as big as the Big Boy, but one I have been looking for for a while.      Charlie
Motor?
[Image: dsc04196urjl3.jpg]
Which motor? I can't see any.

Lutz
Charlie---what an impressive addition to your collection---I especially like the brass colour.
(03-27-2021, 12:39 PM)cn nutbar Wrote: Charlie---what an impressive addition to your collection---I especially like the brass colour.

Well Ed, 

I plan on painting the typical p r r dark green locomotive enamel that may be a part of my challenge I haven't decided yet
Charlie