SIDE SHOT SATURDAY

I do believe you would find that flat car to be renumbered KJR 44 in later years.  Icon_e_biggrin
Charlie
It's a little thing, but it gives me joy.  Bought some Kartrak Scanner tag decals from K4 a few weeks ago.  This sad 100-ton hopper got the first set right under the last "N"....    
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Central Vermont T3A #707

[Image: 52249503688_996e2b945b_k.jpg]P1470447 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
CNR U3A Northern #6309

[Image: 52250925215_bae7dc6335_k.jpg]P1470445 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Here is the newest steamer in the fold.

NYO&W 2-6-0 Mother Hubbard by IHC.

[Image: 7AhHgzf.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Interesting locomotive, Tom...

I can just picture the poor fireman, one foot in the outhouse-sized rear cab, the other on the front lip of the tender, alternately throwing shovelfuls of culm into each of the loco's two firebox-doors.  I'm guessing that when he gets home, he'll be looking somewhat like Buckwheat of the Lil' Rascals.
Incidently, the real Buckwheat recently changed his name to Kareem of Wheat, and was last seen pursuing a career in basketball.

Wayne
OMG, Wayne, now that is seriously the most funny thing I have read all week, I appleade you, good sir Applause Icon_lol 

On a more serious note, Tom, the Camelback looks great, but I never understood those engines, they must have been hell to run in the winter. The whole design just seems totally wrong to me, I have never seen them operate, I am sure I am missing something Icon_redface  .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Thanks for your kind words, Deano.

Those camelbacks were certainly unique, but it must have been difficult for the engineer, too, as there was usually no one on the other side of his cab, looking out of the window, when the train was entering a left-curve.

On an ordinary steamer, either the fireman or the head-end brakeman could spot things out the left-side window that the engineer might not be aware of...they could at least holler across the cab to let him know if there was something of concern ahead of them.

Wayne
[Image: 52314983110_b4de4a7ac5_k.jpg]P1470558 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Action at Peter's Corner

[Image: 52325299521_36eefc0112_k.jpg]P1470650 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr

[Image: 52325643639_a0f96d4461_k.jpg]P1470649 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Reading FP7A's in the foreground. This an old yellow box Atlas that was custom painted and decaled. I stumbled onto them at the right price and had to get them. The RDC in the background is a Proto 1000.

[Image: n0vzYsl.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thar's a very nicely-done paint and lettering job. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
PRR T1, 5517     
Charlie
WSOR SD40-2 & commemorative covered hopper...
[Image: 4c1JTxI.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]