Weekly Photo Fun 4/27 - 5/3/18
WPCA-32x makes it's way back to Camden after picking up empty oil cars at the Perch Cove Generating Plant.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

CNR U2G Northern #6213 on the inbound roundhouse lead

[Image: 41008560984_dfe3b0a288_b.jpg]
Some removeable loads from Dominion Castings Ltd......

[Image: S0125585.jpg]

[Image: S0115584.jpg]

[Image: S0135586.jpg]

Wayne
The next Fremo H0 USA Southwest Division annual meeting will come soon:

[Image: dsc03823yuphv.jpg]
This year's theme is modern railroading in the US Southwest (with generously enlargement of the areas and time frame).
Some of the rolling stock is my own, but the most cars are loaned from an friend.

[Image: dsc0382286pdb.jpg]
4 rolling "living room wall units" are also involved.
Two older Atlas MP15DC got a Tsunami 2 sound and SMD 0204 LED ditch light upgrade. I reused the old dummy Finishing Models #294 ditch lights due to the special shape.

[Image: 26889001947_77b07d6f48_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Former LV and CNJ propriety now Liberty State park in Jersey City NJ. Almost all the open land shown here was at one time covered with hundreds of miles of track, ferry slips, Coal docks, passenger yards, freight yards, cement facilities, 3 round houses, 4 turntables ( one was for busses ), Blacksmith shops, carpentry shops, team tracks, locomotive shops, rip tracks,, the list goes on and on.. I have only scratched the surface. it's all gone now except for the CNJ's terminal. I grabbed this shot from the roof of the Liberty towers, 37 stories up on the roof. also in this shot is Ellis island, the statue of liberty, the Verrazano bridge, and Brooklyn.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
CNR S1G #3513 is spotted as it passes through Vinemount on the Leetown Division

[Image: 27919108958_bd91b79120_k.jpg]
Wayne,

Those are great loads from Dominion Castings!
Are they "found objects"? What exactly did they come from?
They look "plausible"... always a good thing with loads!
: )

--Hillyard
Thanks for your kind comment, Hillyard. Goldth

The five identical small "castings" are the ends from old Athearn motors, found in a box of "stuff" from an estate sale. The two bigger castings on the other car are retired night-lights, with the metal parts removed.
Blocking is strip styrene with Grandt Line nbw castings and "DO NOT HUMP" signs from Jaeger Products.

Wayne
<<The five identical small "castings" are the  ends from old Athearn motors, found in a box of "stuff" from an estate sale.  The two bigger castings on the other car are retired night-lights, with the metal parts removed.>>

Hello Wayne

It's the two bigger castings that caught my eye.  Thanks for sharing the "secret", they are perfect. They have that "I think I recognize that but can't quite put my finger on it" element of familiar plausibility.  I do also like that you chose "hospital green" for the color.  Seems like a very typical color for 1930-1940s era.

Very good job, and thanks again for the explanation.
Sorry for the very late acknowledgement to your response.
I haven't logged on lately.

Doug C.
Willamette City Belt Line (HO)
ePaw:
our campsite is just up the waterway beside the terminal. Unfortunately, it's also across the waterway from the terminal.
(we're not there)
DrWayne: do we really need to know what the loads are that we're modelling?
(this post will be re-assigned to the Model Railroading Pilosophy thread)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
e-paw,
Did you see me waving at you from Brooklyn?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
(06-24-2018, 07:35 PM)BR60103 Wrote: DrWayne: do we really need to know what the loads are that we're modeling?

David,

"Castings" is close enough for me.  Because I am interested in modeling open loads, I asked DrWayne for details so that I might use the same idea on my layout.  He was kind enough to reveal what was used.    I think they look very good. 

And by the way, the pictures by you other forum members are just AWESOME.

Detailing and scenery on my layout is based on the three foot rule.  Some of these pictures are viable on the scale of three INCHES.  Smile
Didn't mean to overlook by way of omission.

regards,
Doug C in Salem, OR
I was aiming at "It was on a flatcar; I don't know what it does either."
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.