La Mirada, CA BNSF Switching Project
Here is the rest of the plan that i would like to model.

First off, some shots of the overhead areas that i put in:

[Image: Picture1-3.png]

A broad look at the left most peninsula on the plan and zoomed in shots of the area. In this first pic, i left out the last building and siding at the end of the branch, just too much confusion lol

[Image: Picture2-3.png]

[Image: Picture3-2.png]

[Image: Picture4-1.png]

And a broad look at the other peninsula in the plan:

[Image: Picture5-1.png]

Followed by 2 close-ups of the same area above (you can see part of the yard in the second pic:

[Image: Picture6-1.png]

[Image: Picture7.png]

And here is the plan for the areas above:

[Image: Picture15.png]

In my next post, ill describe the numbers and such....
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Here is the overall plan:

[Image: 9bcdab55.png]

[Image: 59818b6d.png]

BLACK Numbers represent Module Dimensions:
  • 1. 18"x60"
    2. 18-20"x60"
    3. 22"x60"
    4. 19-22"x60"
    5. 18"x50"
    6. 18"x60"
    7. 18"x60"
    8. 24"x48"
    9. 18-19"x60"
    10. 18-24"x60"
    11. 21-24"x60"
    12. 21-24"x60"
    13. 20-26"x60"
    14. 18-24"x60"
    15. 18"x38"
    16. 13"x7" Triangle
    17. 20"x60"
    18. 20"x60"
    19. 16"x20"

RED Numbers are Streets and Water Ways
  • 1. Water Channel
    2. Stage Road
    3. Desman Road
    4. Dolly Ave.
    5. Trojan Way
    6. Alondra Blvd.
    7. Canary Ave.

WHITE Numbers are Businesses
  • 1. Beaulieu Group Llc‎
    2. US Foodservice‎
    3. States Logistics‎
    4. Metrics LLC‎
    5. G a Doors Inc‎
    6. Cook King
    7. Kyees Aluminum Inc‎
    8. Cordova Bolt Inc‎
    9. Remet Corporation‎
    10. NO BUSINESS NAME AT THE TIME, HAVE TO DO MORE RESEARCH lol
    11. Wesanco Steel Products Corporation‎
    12. Corporate Express Imaging‎
    13. Estenson Logistic Llc
    14. Kittrich Corporation‎
    15. Airgas Specialty Products‎
    16. Latex International‎
    17. Pactiv Corporation‎
    18. United States Gypsum Co
    19. JCS Industries Inc‎
    20. JCS Industries Inc‎
    21. Monad Railway Equipment
    22. Amoco Chemicals Corporation-Packaging Products Div‎

I know this an quite an ambitious project, so comments, questions, suggestions are welcome Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Quote:And this is where Stage Road and Alondra Blvd meet right above the tracks. This is raised above the tracks, this overpass will be modeled.
....not sure how to get the picture to show up in the reply without replying to the whole post...

On the NE corner of Escalona and Alondra is Johnny's Garage. I could take my truck in for an oil change, walk home, and walk back when it was ready. Also in that shopping strip is PIC, Precision Instrument Calibration. They do pretty much what the name says, calibrate precision instruments (calipers, micronomers, etc.). The family that owns the place used to be members of the church, but left after growing dissatisfied with the direction we were heading. Let's just say that's the sanitized version of what happened. I think there's a little hole-in-the-wall bar and smoke shop, and maybe a hair salon. Could be a modelgenic scene, but probably doesn't exactly fit in relation to the tracks.

Stage Road undulates up and down along the tracks. For the most part it is well above them, and much of it is hidden from the tracks (looking from the south) by the large oleanders. If you model the right season that could be a beautiful touch, with them in bloom. Large pink and white blossoms all over a long, good sized hedge row.

Also for foliage, if you are planning on doing a background behind Stage road, IMSR, some sections of San Ardo are lined with Jacaranda trees. It's one long purple tunnel at the right time.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Trucklover Wrote:Here is the rest of the plan that i would like to model.

First off, some shots of the overhead areas that i put in:

[Image: Picture1-3.png]

A broad look at the left most peninsula on the plan and zoomed in shots of the area. In this first pic, i left out the last building and siding at the end of the branch, just too much confusion lol

[Image: Picture2-3.png]

Look closely at some of the rolling stock in these two photos, especially at the very end of the tracks. I'm not sure if they are private cars stored there or what, but that is indeed passenger equipment. IIRC, some of it was fluted-sided lightweight cars.

Galen

Edit: Just noticed one of them is a Vista Dome! I have always wondered what they are doing there, so when you find out please let us know.

ALSO, Ehobbies is located on Alondra just south and west of these passenger cars, I believe. Somewhere along there...
Okay...wanna see something fun? Google Stage Road, La Mirada, CA then go to street view. Put yourself on the intersection of Crosswood and Stage Road looking SouthWest. You will see the motive power and caboose for the La Mirada Local Switch Job.

TOO fun! 2285_

This was a little farther west than I'd generally take my son, but occasionally walking on my own I'd get down this far.

Galen
ocalicreek Wrote:Look closely at some of the rolling stock in these two photos, especially at the very end of the tracks. I'm not sure if they are private cars stored there or what, but that is indeed passenger equipment. IIRC, some of it was fluted-sided lightweight cars.

Galen

Edit: Just noticed one of them is a Vista Dome! I have always wondered what they are doing there, so when you find out please let us know.

ALSO, Ehobbies is located on Alondra just south and west of these passenger cars, I believe. Somewhere along there...

Thanks for the info about the hobby shop, ill have to stop in there when im in the area Misngth

The buildings at the end of the line are some sort of repair shops i think. the one on the right side of the tracks im not sure of the name, but i can find it lol. The other is Monad Railway Equipment. Im not sure what they do either, so ill have to do some research to see what they do. All those passenger cars looks like they would be neat to model in repairs, and it looks pretty crowded down there, this is what originally drew me to this branch lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
ocalicreek Wrote:Okay...wanna see something fun? Google Stage Road, La Mirada, CA then go to street view. Put yourself on the intersection of Crosswood and Stage Road looking SouthWest. You will see the motive power and caboose for the La Mirada Local Switch Job.

TOO fun! 2285_

This was a little farther west than I'd generally take my son, but occasionally walking on my own I'd get down this far.

Galen

SWEET!! Thanks Galen, i will definitely be modeling a caboose now Misngth It will be my second caboose in my roster lol, my other being the great Grand Valley line from the Doc. Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Trucklover Wrote:Here is the overall plan:

<snip>

Ambitious. But should be doable for an excellent modeler like yourself. Am looking forward to seeing pictures from the first couple of modules!

Grin,
Stein
ocalicreek Wrote:Okay...wanna see something fun? Google Stage Road, La Mirada, CA then go to street view. Put yourself on the intersection of Crosswood and Stage Road looking SouthWest. You will see the motive power and caboose for the La Mirada Local Switch Job.

TOO fun! 2285_

Galen

So i finally got a chance to search this, i found it and thats sweet!! I wish i could see the numbers on the locos tho, when i try and zoom in on street view it gets WAY blurry lol. Id like to try and get some more info on these 2 switchers and that caboose. Galen do you know if any other locos do the switching or is it just these too?
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
I found the only two pictures I ever managed to take of the LM local and neither show the road #s, but the caboose # is clear and I believe the locos are different from the ones in the google view.

I'll have to resize and post them later.

Galen