8x1.5 foot Port Able Railway HO Scale Time Saver Variation
I finally bit the bullet and redid the track plan with Peco Code 75 track and medium radius turnouts. I used a 3 way turnout on the left side of the runaround. All of the turnouts will be Electrfrog. I think that it really makes a difference in space efficiency. By converting to Peco, I was able to shorten the length of the layout to 90x18 inches. this allows me to fold the layout into a 45x18 inch transportable unit. I'm toying with the idea of changing the industry in the upper left to a brewery.

Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike, I know you were dlce for this - have you seen these kits ? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.banggood.com/Geekcreit-DIY-Shaking-LED-Dice-Kit-With-Small-Vibration-Motor-p-1170751.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN">https://www.banggood.com/Geekcreit-DIY- ... rehouse=CN</a><!-- m --> if it doesn't show the price in US$, hover your cursor over the price and it should give a huge choice of currency
Those are interesting and colorful Jack. On my browser, they go for $3.40. I was originally going to go with a different download on my smart phone, but my daughter will lose her mind when she sees those dice. It seems that what my wife calls the Recessive Kieran Train Gene is not limited to males. What really upsets her more is that I did nothing to encourage her love of trains. Icon_lol
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Glad to be helpful, Mike - I have found that they have an EEEEE-normouse range of very cheap , but usable, things - and new offers appear every couple of days! Have Fun!
BTW Jack. I DO plan on making that Ingleferry Wharf layout soon. It's just been a crazy few months.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

No problem, Mike - Life catches up with you, and that has to come first! Hobbies are away down the list!
Thanks for sharing. I could have the need for this plan when the girlfriend will decide to move for a smaller home.
Guy from Southern Quebec.
Any time ?.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines