Limits on attachments?
I'm trying to reconstruct a thread, where the Forum move has resulted in the illustrative photos ending-up in the wrong places within the text....in other words, the photos don't match their descriptions. 

While the original thread had 14 or 15 photos, I've managed to re-insert, in their correct places, only 10.  The eleventh one has been appended to the end of the thread, and it appears that even if I can add all of the other missing ones, they'll also end up in the wrong place.  The entire procedure is more labour intensive than the old Forum, and a limit on photos isn't, in my opinion, a good thing.  It certainly doesn't encourage us to show what we're doing.

While I still have a viable photobucket account, and could add the pictures from there, when I kick my own personal bucket, those will disappear.  This is not very conducive to leaving something which may be useful to others in the future.  I do, of course, realise that this medium is at best temporal, so perhaps I'm over-reacting. 

Wayne
It is interesting that the old forum under phpBB was set tohave a limit of 5 attachments per post, just that it never seemed to work that way. This forum has a default limit of 10 and we didn't change that, but we can if it's a problem. I think the idea is not to have one post with an infinite number of attachments and would take forever to load (most folks now have exceptionally high access rates compared to just a few years ago).

As for uploading photos, I see little difference between the old and the new other than the functions are arranged different. It's just that I've always wanted to be able to upload more than one at a time, and that's just not to be right now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Wayne, I've changed to max # of attachments per post to 25. If that's still a problem, I can disable it or up that number. I know we had some photo problems before we moved, a bunch got corrupted. I tried to move some of Pete's (Sumpter250) photos, but they were just scrambled. I know reconstructing a thread is tedious work, I've been there, so good luck, just let me know if I need to do anything else to help.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks for upping that limit, Don.  That should be fine for the thread in question, as it's in the Academy, but I'm not sure how many other ones I'll be doing.  I don't know if all that many people bother looking at older threads, even the ones in the sub-forums, where there are lots of "how-tos".

Wayne