picture return
Has some one been working behind the scene to restore pictures or has a tech miracle occurred. I went to fix some of the missing pictures on my layout thread and they are all back and good images. I also scanned the photo game thread and they seem to be there too, although I did not look at every page. 2285_ 
Charlie 2285_
Not that I'm aware of, but I did look at a few very old threads and they seem to have their photos restored as well, all but the ones that link to Photobucket or other busted links.

That's a great thing since doctorwayne and a few others have been restoring some of their threads. Maybe someone hit a hidden trigger, eh???? I'll check and see if Pat or Mikey has done something, but if all those photos have been restored, let's just be grateful and move on.... 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I talked with Pat, our webmaster, last night and he says that he was attempting to install a plug-in to add a new feature and kept getting error messages, so he backed off. It had nothing to do with the photos that were damaged during the transition, but he might have somehow changed something that was causing the photo problem in the first place. He doesn't know what happened, but if it did what we think it did, that's great. He just plans on leaving things the way they are for now and not dig into it or add the plug-in either.

Thanks for bringing this up Charlie...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(01-15-2019, 06:32 AM)ezdays Wrote: I talked with Pat, our webmaster, last night and he says that he was attempting to install a plug-in to add a new feature and kept getting error messages, so he backed off. It had nothing to do with the photos that were damaged during the transition, but he might have somehow changed something that was causing the photo problem in the first place. He doesn't know what happened, but if it did what we think it did, that's great. He just plans on leaving things the way they are for now and not dig into it or add the plug-in either.

It might be a good time to create a backup or two....just sayin.  Goldth
(01-16-2019, 08:51 AM)Charlie B Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 06:32 AM)ezdays Wrote: I talked with Pat, our webmaster, last night and he says that he was attempting to install a plug-in to add a new feature and kept getting error messages, so he backed off. It had nothing to do with the photos that were damaged during the transition, but he might have somehow changed something that was causing the photo problem in the first place. He doesn't know what happened, but if it did what we think it did, that's great. He just plans on leaving things the way they are for now and not dig into it or add the plug-in either.

It might be a good time to create a backup or two....just sayin.  Goldth

Pat does regular backups of our database. I'm not sure if the base software gets backed up at the same time or not. That's a good point...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and