The rebirth of the Canyon State RR
Lookin' good, Don, but don't forget to add the Gila Monsters and the poisonous snakes.

Wayne
And scorpions!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(09-04-2019, 07:01 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Lookin' good, Don, but don't forget to add the Gila Monsters and the poisonous snakes.

Wayne

(09-05-2019, 05:05 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: And scorpions!

They're all there, just that in N scale they're hard to see.  Icon_rolleyes What may look like an errant drop of paint is really one of our desert friends creeping or slithering around.... Awesome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I've been pecking away little at a time to get this far with a scene on my new layout. After seeing how the photos turned out, it looks like I have a bit more work to do, but I always like the way a photo will show things that you miss by just looking at it, close inspection or not, you still miss a lot..

The scene consists of Robb's Feed & grain, a corral and a horse barn. Robb's feed store was on my old layout, I think it was the first kit that I built when I got into the hobby with a few modifications to make it what it is. It got damaged during our many moves, but I had all the parts, so it went back together OK. I had space that was kind of isolated, so I thought a corral would work, Don't worry, the horses are use to the trains as they pass by. I added a barn since the horses needed a place to sleep. I built the barn a few weeks ago out of parts I had in my junk pile, the inside is detailed a bit, but I wonder now why I spent that time since it's hard to see inside once I got the roof on.

EZ-Way Delivery service drove that truck all the way from Ohio to make this delivery. It must be a very important package. Someone here should recognize the truck as well as the light ballast and a few of the trees. Thank you Charlie, much appreciated.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
It looks great Don. 
Charlie
Charlie's right, Don, those are some nicely-done scenes. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Keep up the great work Don---I'm enjoying watching the Canyon State RR coming to life again
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I guess we all can find fault in what we've done and can always see things that could have been done better or shouldn't have been done at all. But thinking about it, I'm still modeling N scale at my age with fingers that don't always respond to commands and eyes that sometime blur just as you're about to glue two parts together. Eek Crazy Icon_rolleyes Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Nice progress Don!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(12-15-2019, 04:00 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Nice progress Don!

Thank you kind sir, I hope I'm worth of these accolades. I guess I still see a lot of amateur-looking attempts at looking like reality, and maybe it's just me seeing that. I will accept that and move on to the rural section. Maybe it'll get easier as I go. Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Got my rural area pretty much done. Here's what I've been working on the past few weeks:

An overall shot of the rural area:

Note that Mr. White is painting his house and is just a bit upset because of all the trail of dust the truck is kicking up:

A few more shots:

Just in case you noticed the missing signals, there was a Work Order out to the CSRR to place crossing signals after construction, and as usual, they showed up a day late:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
You're certainly making more progress on your layout than I am on mine.  Are the trains running, too?

I can run trains on mine, but they go through a lot of unfinished landscaping, and even more plywood plains.

Wayne
(01-17-2020, 10:10 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: You're certainly making more progress on your layout than I am on mine.  Are the trains running, too?

I can run trains on mine, but they go through a lot of unfinished landscaping, and even more plywood plains.

Wayne

Running trains???? Oh yeah, I did run trains a few times to make sure they would run on my tracks, cleaned and adjusted until they did. I started on my control panel, but opted to work on the scenery since I enjoy that more than running trains. I've painted the rails and ties and if you'll notice, some of the rails are in serious need of cleaning. So to answer your question, no, but with a little effort and some wiring, they could.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Took a break from building and spent what seems like an eternity doing a backdrop. I probably got carried away, started with just sky, then thought some mountains would be appropriate, then maybe a few Sedona red rocks and then..... well, you know how that goes. Did more than I intended, but good, bad or otherwise, that's it.

Here's a few shots from different angles. Now, back to building stuff...

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Big Grin 
WOW!!! Cheers Cheers
That looks great. 
Charlie