1 : 1 scale modeling
The new cabinet from NS is in place and the hole in the roof has been restored back to it's original condition.

Here it is in it's new home in our F-3.    

The welder did a real nice job patching our cut out over the cabinet.    

The rewire will begin shortly, But today's job was to inspect 664 in order to have it legal for the summers excursion season. I am glad to say that the only problem that was found was a bad brush on the main generator. That is a quick five minute fix Big Grin .
As for the rest of Steamtown ,,,The Baldwin shop switcher is finishing up nicely.    

And 1554, another one of our units, was on the point of a freight that stopped on the D&L main just short of the tower. 1554 ( a former CNJ unit) is owned by the ARHS and is leased to the D&L who did a complete rebuild on her, and is in regular freight service.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:...
But today's job was to inspect 664 in order to have it legal for the summers excursion season. I am glad to say that the only problem that was found was a bad brush on the main generator. That is a quick five minute fix Big Grin .
As for the rest of Steamtown ,,,The Baldwin shop switcher is finishing up nicely.

[Image: file.php?id=18316]

What for a great thing - a steam engine under repair getting new life. Wish you many success with this job!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
As of this point I will show our excursion schedule for this year a few more dates are still to be added...

We had our first excursion yesterday with six packed passenger cars from Scranton to the Delaware Water Gap. We had a few bugs pop up but nothing that delayed the train.    
I'll post more on that latter... but now I'll post a link to my orphan challenge where I showed some of the work that was done on the units.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6805http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6805">viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6805http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6805</a><!-- l -->
e-paw Wrote:We had our first excursion yesterday ....
Great! Congratulations Thumbsup
Reinhard
Way to go...!!!

Love that E/F (whatever...) unit..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
e-paw: slightly off topic, but is there a campground near Steamtown? If we visit, we'll have to bring the motorhome.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Well BR I did a quick search and found this... hope it helps. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://directory.the570.com/scranton+pa/rv+parks.zq.html">http://directory.the570.com/scranton+pa ... ks.zq.html</a><!-- m -->
Thanks, e-Paw. We'll have a closer look in the fall.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I got a few updates that I've been too busy to post...

The people have been gearing up over at Steamtown for their railfest in two weeks.One of the projects they have been up to is the large scale ride on train. They have painted it up to match our F-3's..    

And meanwhile the wiring is moving along on the B-unit quite nicely. Here in the rear cabinet that houses the splices for the MU receptacles.    
And I have been working on the starting cabinet also located near the rear of the unit.

but we will have to replace two broken injectors in the prime mover.     It's the little round rod that's all bent funny in the middle of the pic.
The crew that was working on the skin of the unit is now taking a break,, but they have been working on getting all the screws loose so that all the panels can be removed , sandblasted and powder coated.    
e-paw Wrote:[Image: file.php?id=18981]

[Image: file.php?id=18982]

Great model work with excellent results! I wish all of you good success and pleasure!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
I can't take credit for the Mini F-3. I was surprised by it yesterday when I walked into the diesel shop.

But I do have some bad news about the Rail Fest here in Scranton. The restored CNJ 0-6-0 that was supposed to be coming up has developed some boiler trouble and will not be attending, NS will not be able to bring up any of it's heritage units, Amtrak has also backed out, and 4-6-2 #425 is iffy if it will attend. This can all change at a moments notice and hopefully it will.

And on top of all that,663 has developed a problem with the coupling between the main generator and air compressor. That has taken it out of service. This type of heavy repair is something that has to be done by the units owner. We own the B-unit and 664.... 663 is owned by a different group. Either they will do the work or give us permission to do it. But at this time we have no word on that.
I just realized that I never posted any pics from the founders day trip.. Sorry bout that,, Wink ...

With 663 in the lead we head for the Gap.

We pull into Water Gap station to a warm welcome.

Nice track Nope Nope

Here we are running around the train for the return trip.

All set to head back to Steamtown.