Freelance 2019-2
Unbelievable how rapidly you can do this, and it is so well done too.
Charlie
That's is to far. No weathering but I tried the flaking of the paint with limited success. Looks like the prototype is at least partial a brick building with a layer (paint?) of concrete that flakes.

[Image: 48869780286_af75db2441_c.jpg]
Reinhard
I like the effect. It does look like a stucco finished structure to me. At one time it was done when a building really needed serious brick pointing and it was faster and cheaper to just stucco the whole structure unless the owners were trying to remain historically correct.  They did this to an old brewery in East Liverpool which helped save the building years ago, but I think it would look great without the stucco.      Charlie
Added some details          

[Image: 48886639028_1a75aa292c_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,I simply love that cold storage building.. Of course that blue and grey curved building is a eye catcher as well.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Started a new building. The grid is made of 3mm foam core and gray card board.The spaces are made for Auhagen Industry Windows #80219. The NWSL chopper was a great help to get even length horizontel elements.          

[Image: 48908903623_05b2c1fe96_c.jpg]

[Image: 48909600233_c43b57c3aa_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Very nicely done I like it..

I do have a question though.

That company only receives one car at a time? I would allow two car spots with room to pull the empty car forward so the second car can be unloaded. A simple car puller (looks like a overgrown winch) would be use to move the cars
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Applause Applause Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Larry, there are four outlets to connect hoses to the gray piping system. The track is long enough to have two cars with hoses attached to the pipes. I am inspired by a facility like this US-Systems-Railcar-Unloading-with-Header-1024x768.jpg

A medium gray rattle can session followed by intense dry brushing to get the concrete base color followed by a long grid filing session. 

[Image: 48915472392_0a38a73b84_c.jpg][/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hwuzLM][Image: 48915472457_cd068de35e_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,Cool! As I said I really like that building.. I should have looked closer at the first photo you posted.

You did give me a idea for unloading pellets at General American Plastics.

I'm planning to rename G.A.P to Ohio Polytech Corp since General American Plastics sounds to plain jane.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Great-looking structures, Reinhard!  Big enough to look like they're deserving of rail service, too.

Wayne
Thanks for the kind words. I weathered windows and walls. I put a temporary "roof" on the three walls to check the window light.                          

[Image: 48920403167_f110c144aa_c.jpg]

[Image: 48919663543_8303421174_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,

Impressive structures.  Do you need to reinforce  the interiors to prevent warping, or is the foam core sturdy enough by itself?  Also on the cold storage building are the raised portions also foam core or did you use styrene?

Bruce
Bruce, it is all foam.
Warping is a two fold problem.
a. the entire structure needs a coat of primer from the rattle can because the following paint is water based and would warp it like crazy. I had that problem with the left invisible wall of the ice storage. Saved the primer from the rattle can but painted it. I had the cut the wall out next morning and insert a nw one.
b. The ice storage is made of very thick material and has no extra enforcement. The new building is much more fragile due to all the windows and the grid design. I am just at this moment glueing the parts together (wall are done, roof is setting) and add enforcement from the inside.

The last four "shoe box" buildings have a roof of 1cm thick foam core. That kind of roof is very stable and the 3mm walls rely on the roof. The new building has a 3mm roof (less space over the top window row) and that needs extra support too.
Reinhard
This is the ugly inside nobody wants to see :-)  

[Image: 48923124378_e3d9564123_c.jpg]

It is written at the wall ;-)

[Image: 48925584006_1f7560b945_c.jpg]
Reinhard