Freelance 2019-2
I received a valuable comment from Jack Bobby Lou Mulreavy on FB explaining that my old building are likely to be out of service at the time of CSX YN3 and  NS with horse head engines and therefor not anymore subject of rail service. That is bad news for my layout but I found a solution. Two of the buildings got moved and attached to a new concrete slab building. Forming two industries of a new and an old building. The new building have the active rail loading docks. The building behind the cold storage is a reuse.

[Image: 49018705191_67fcd14a50_c.jpg][/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFwCMT][Image: 49017721301_ac3cbaf28e_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard
Your model railroad does not need to repeat the mistakes of the prototype.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Reinhard,Be careful of "experts".. America is a large country with lots of large cities that still have rail served industries like yours. It would be impossible to say what may or may not exist in these large cities.

As a point.. For years I always said the Pikestuff warehouse was to small for rail service..

A You Tube video proved me wrong.. While not a warehouse there is a transload building with two tracks that goes to the inside the building and guess what? Its not much bigger then the Pikestuff warehouse. If I ever find this video again I will post it.

Between researching You Tube, Google and Bing maps for industries I found I'm learning there is a lot of older industries left in this country and that there are hundreds of small industries that has storage tanks for unloading covered hoppers or tank cars.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
A simple brick structure emphasizes the urban location

[Image: 49028009356_14c7c7a2a5_c.jpg][/url]

[Image: 49028218597_de5a61a0f6_c.jpg][url=https://flic.kr/p/2hGsrgK]
Reinhard
A pan shot over the scenic part of the layout.

[Image: 49032543991_82262ecc7e_c.jpg][url=https://flic.kr/p/2hGQB4v][/url]
Reinhard
Freelance 2019-2 as finished. May be some details here and there but no further buildings etc. The layout builder in me will be on Christmas vacation until Freelance 2020-1 comes up. The layout operator is on duty in the meantime.

Freelance 2019-2 was a deceptive package. I started with a very modern Florida layout and ended with a moderate past 2000 layout in the north east I should have changed the title to Freelance 2019-3 when the first tall building out of context with Florida was built.

I admit I have absolute no idea about a possible theme of Freelance 2020-1. The head is empty :-)
Reinhard
Reinhard,I'm sure you will come up with another master piece. I really enjoy your layout builds.

As a passing question, have you ever thought building a end of a branch switching layout with a small station? This station could be boarded up, being used as a small restaurant or small business like (say) a hobby shop?
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Hi Brakie, I modeled the end of a branch line on my German and very first US layouts before my room was reworked to run around the entire room. I never liked it but at that time was it the only way to have a layout at all.
Reinhard
Last tiny updates, A new brick wallpaper at the west end of the layout

[Image: 49137685182_4898dc581e_c.jpg]

[Image: 49136997798_df80085e67_c.jpg]
Reinhard
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Great work. 
Charlie
New wallpaper to complete the back dating at the east end. The source of the image is https://goo.gl/maps/AA8StKLxQN2V22u16

[Image: 49140637603_cc4398fcb6_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Reinhard are you OK? You haven't been around in while let alone any posts anywhere. You have changed layout themes in less time!
Hoping all is well....
Modleing the Jefferson Branch in HO  on the Southern Pacific
(02-12-2020, 05:33 PM)ratled Wrote: Reinhard are you OK?   You haven't been around in while let alone any posts anywhere.   You have changed layout themes in less time!
Hoping all is well....
I am fine. Just changed back to German railroads.
Reinhard
(02-12-2020, 05:57 PM)faraway Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 05:33 PM)ratled Wrote: Reinhard are you OK?   You haven't been around in while let alone any posts anywhere.   You have changed layout themes in less time!
Hoping all is well....
I am fine. Just changed back to German railroads.

We are glad you are OK and we would be just as interested in seeing the German railroads too.
Charlie