2019 support auction #3, Oooo so good
Big Grin 
2019 auction #3: A big surprise for you O scale fans..... we have an O scale anniversary car special, we sure do----

Well folks, we are continuing our tenth anniversary celebration with yet another car decorated for this celebration. This time we have something for our O scale members. We opened as Big Blue Train Forums on December 17, 2008 and have kept our promise of no ads and no sponsors. This is one way to help get the much-needed funds to keep us going, but a way to give something back in return. We're opening an auction of a hand painted and detailed Big Blue Trains O scale decorated 40' boxcar. The car has been stripped, repainted in Big Blue colors, decorated in our Anniversary scheme and clear-coated by our own ngauger (who is really into G gauge). Along with the new Big Blue logo, it has the “10th Anniversary Special” lettering. Also, note that this car has a unique number that will not appear on any other Big Blue or BB&G rolling stock. We will leave any weathering to its new owner if they think it’s appropriate. This car, we hope, will become treasured and be a show of pride for your membership and support of the Big Blue Train Forums, even if you're not into O scale. Please note, for you non-O scale modelers, we have a few more surprises in store, but this is your chance to own a genuine Big Blue treasure regardless of what scale you model in.

Now, let’s get started. We are offering a O scale, 40’ boxcar #BBT100218 to the highest bidder. Here are the bidding rules:
  1.     There is no minimum bid and no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the car.
  2.     Please keep your bid raises in increments of at least a dollar or more.
  3.     You can bid publicly by posting it in this thread. This thread is for bidding only; any comments or questions should be made in this  thread by PM to either ezdays or ngauger.
  4.     If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf, (we will post the bid amount, but keep your name confidential, just like at those big auction houses). You may also want to give us the maximum you would want to go and we’ll bid for you by adding the increment that you specify above the last bid, up the maximum that you have set, again, just like Christie’s does for the big boys.
  5.     The auction will run until July 15th, at which time we will announce the winner and ship the car to them.
  6.     The successful bidder will pay all shipping costs.
  7.     Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.
Remember, 100% of the proceeds from this auction is to help keep Big Blue running, so we are depending on you for your support and hope to give something back in return.

Good luck to you all.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
This is "O"wesome so let's get started.  I will get the bidding started at 25 bucks. 
Charlie
"O" shucks Charlie, that's a fine opening bid.... Applause . Now, of course, as a non-certified and untrained auctioneer, I'm obliged to ask for someone to bid higher, so now I've got 25, who'll give me 30, got 25, looking for 30....yada, yada, yada.... Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just wondering if anyone missed this thread. Looking for those that would appreciate an O scale anniversary car and is willing to help support Big Blue while getting something special in return. I see one opening bid and nothing else beyond that, so if you're into O scale or just want a large keepsake, then let's see your bids.... We're not asking for much, but we could use your support. Remember, we don't take ads and we shun all sponsors, this is one way we get the funds to keep Big Blue going.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
$27.50
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ngauger  --

And .... I, being the helpful Auctioneer's assistant:

Points at Mike and waves at Auctioneer Don and yells:   HEY-OOOO! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Yup, Mikey's doing his job tOOO, Thank you Mike, this is O-so fantastic to see another bid....

HellOOO, we have 27.50 bid, looking for 30, do I see 30???? LOOking for 30, we have 27.50, need 30, whOOOO will give me thirty?.....You there in the back row, is that a bid or do you have to go to the bathroom? Icon_lol No one leaves until I get at least 30.... 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, a new day, we've kept you here all day and night waiting for another bid. Mikey, is that guy in the second row trying to raise his paddle? Maybe he's too tired, go wake him up, coffee and danish for everyone so let's hear some bids folks.

I got $27.50, let's hear 30... who'll give me 30, got 27.50 looking for 30...... Sleepy ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, oops, Icon_redface need thirty, looking for thirty.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Got to say, this was one of the slowest auctions we've ever held. But if you were planning to bid, it's a bit late, we've closed this auction as of Midnight last night.

We have a winning bid of $27.50 by Tyson Rayles. Applause Congratulations Mike, a fine keepsake. Mikey will be in touch with you as to shipping charges and how to get the car to you.

We have a few more auctions in store, but since Summer is our slow time, we'll probably wait until September before we hold another one. We do have a super surprise in store, so stay tuned.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thanks Don! I will put this car on display in the freight yard on the main layout at the museum and give the Forum some free advertising! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(07-17-2019, 05:17 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Thanks Don! I will put this car on display in the freight yard on the main layout at the museum and give the Forum some free advertising! Thumbsup

Sounds like a very noble thing to do. Thank you good sir.... Applause Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and