Big Blue Yahoo Group
We've been getting notices from Yahoo regarding their groups. Basically, what they're saying is that any posts after Dec 14 will be made via email only, and that any post content there will be deleted as of that date. I haven't a clue how that's going to work, but since we've only used our group in case this forum went down, let's just call our Yahoo group as abandon and not even try to use it. We're planning alternate means of communicating anyway, so just hang tight until we get that working.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(12-07-2019, 03:27 PM)ezdays Wrote: We've been getting notices from Yahoo regarding their groups. Basically, what they're saying is that any posts after Dec 14 will be made via email only, and that any post content there will be deleted as of that date. I haven't a clue how that's going to work, but since we've only used our group in case this forum went down, let's just call our Yahoo group as abandon and not even try to use it. We're planning alternate means of communicating anyway, so just hang tight until we get that working.

I switched my dog group to groups.io a couple years ago when it was free to switch. Since there isn't anything to actually switch it might be easy to set up a group there. They have free plans. My MRC group just switched and paid to move what was there. 
Charlie
(12-07-2019, 05:13 PM)Charlie B Wrote: I switched my dog group to groups.io a couple years ago when it was free to switch. Since there isn't anything to actually switch it might be easy to set up a group there. They have free plans. My MRC group just switched and paid to move what was there. 
Charlie

Thanks Charlie, Duffy (Pat), is exploring other social media sites that will give us interaction between these forums and those sites. We need to bring Big Blue into the current era of technology. Still, using a group site is a good way to go for our needs.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I think most Yahoo groups have migrated over to Groups.io over the past few months. IMHO Yahoo groups have been slowly and quietly sabotaged over the passed 8-9 years by Yahoo management who have wanted to close the site down.
(12-18-2019, 11:25 PM)Genetk44 Wrote: I think most Yahoo groups have migrated over to Groups.io over the past few months. IMHO Yahoo groups have been slowly and quietly sabotaged over the passed 8-9 years by Yahoo management who have wanted to close the site down.

Yeah, seems as if that's their plan. Our only interest in having a Yahoo group is a means of communicating if we have problems here. We are working on an alternate way that may be more familiar. We still have our Google Group (I think), but again, we're going to be better off in the direction that we're headed....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and