The New PistonBroke Line
Now for a commercial break, .....I decided to develop this peninsular which has been used as a soldering station and workbench while the wiring was being done.

with this.

I have been putting this build off because I don't think I have the expertise to do it justice.
But I am running out of kits and this one was always going to live here, so I am biting the bullet. 

A few Pics to show what confronts us at the start

Distressed siding and nail holes completed on building one.
Not sure about the nails as they would be hard to see normally, but looks ok for effect

Sorry about the picture quality, they look a bit out of focus to me. ?
More as time permits.  Icon_e_biggrin
Jack  219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
Interesting looking kit. Curious to see how it works out. Good luck with it.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
It is good to see you back at it Jack Now the fun begins.
Charlie
Continuation of Computer running, learning by rote.

Just like your times tables. 

Revision

1. Any digital system will connect to a computer.
  2. Divide your layout into blocks with insulated rail joiners.  (Mine are between turnouts)
  3. Best to have each block longer than your longest train. But not mandatory.
  4. Each turnout able to be operated with your DCC Controller.
  5. Install and set-up the programme "Traincontroller" ® with you DCC system 
  6. In Traincontroller ®, draw your layout. 

New.....

1. Enter Loco DCC Info into Traincontroller ®
  2. Then drive your train, hands on with the new train window you have just created    Icon_e_biggrin

Now a commercial break back to the abattoir 

I decided to glaze the windows with this as there a many small windows, and only one large sheet of poly was included, I didn't like my chances of cutting and gluing effectively.
This method doesn't always leave a clear glaze but I figured an old abattoir wasn't going to have very clean windows

Walls are up and windows in  2285_
Front

and back 

Jack  219
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Hello again, I have been meaning to post the progress for a while but, ..... Icon_redface  no excuses.... 

Update on The Abattoir build, photos as usual 'cause its easier

Cutting the roofing sheets was next on the list for the builders.

Then the deck Posts, bearers & Joists

Oh yes, no wind on Monday so the roofers got the roof Sheets on

Then the decking 

It's just a pity that someone couldn't read the plans because the platform was meant to be further to the right  Icon_e_surprised  Icon_redface
The deck has been rectified now, and a few animals have gone to a happier place to try out the facilities

The building is now on it's baseboard and the yards have been completed, with a little bit of ground cover starting to appear

Another couple of buildings to finish the Scene, which were not documented, so I will post finishing pics of the completed project next time.

Jack  219
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Love the hanging meat, Jack! Makes me want a fat juicy steak! The weathered look is FABULOUS!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Hey OBJack. 
       So good to see you are making progress.  Your buildings are a real inspiration. I am waiting to see some more pictures of the layout too. A true work of art. 
Charlie
a bit pushed for time so a few pics to keep things moving.

The scene is complete now and with few progress pics I'll just show what I have in some order.

Ok.... The yards 

The holding yards out the back

Along the line

Yards are now useable and stocked 

The shops....  Notice the attempt at cement render on the butchers shop,   Icon_e_biggrin

from the Western end of the development.

A couple of drone shots and the overall scene here.

And here is the Finished island 
Shops, Abattoir and Manager's House.

Photos didn't come out very clearly, but you get the picture (warts and all) I guess..
219 Jack
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
This is just down right awesome. Great job!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
This is amazing!
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
OMG Peter. My apologies. I missed the post. I don't get email alerts anymore and I do try to check for new posts at least once a day but this one got by. 

Your work is beyond great, the detailing blows my mind. Please post more often.   Cheers Applause Applause Applause Applause

Have you completed the house? I need pictures because I will never see your place in person but I can admire it from afar. 

Once again I am very sorry I didn't see this. Thanks Amalynn for bringing it to the top for all to see. 

Charlie