The 2020 One Square Foot Challenge
(02-17-2020, 11:34 AM)mountaingoatgreg Wrote: I think the longer option would probably be better. See if we can get a few more participants.

I kind of agree, get a few more participants, plus, as I said, sometimes we don't always have the time we thought we did. I'm going to add the month of April to the amount of time we have. The challenge will now end on Midnight  (wherever you are), April 31, 2020. Takes some of that pressure off of Mike..... 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Whew! What a relief!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(02-20-2020, 07:50 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Whew! What a relief!

Yeah, so am I. We had a Big Blue board meeting that lasted through the night, but the consensus was that there were probably a few dozen folks just waiting for the outcome before they registered for this challenge. Waiting  So, with a vote of 1-0, the extension passed.  Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Wow, probably the first time there was ever a unanimous decision about anything around here! Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(02-21-2020, 07:24 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Wow, probably the first time there was ever a unanimous decision about anything around here!  Big Grin

Yeah, it's great when the only way you don't have a quorum is to not show up. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I seem to remember that we voted unanimously to install the snack machine in the lunchroom. 

I don't remember if we ever had the vote to actually stock it.   Eek Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
In a totally unrelated happenstance (ahem). My friend and I have decided to add a 2 or 3 bay Eggliner engine shed on th JGBSMF&W RR.

Since this just happens to coincide with the Challenge, I will be participating.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

(02-23-2020, 07:05 PM)ngauger Wrote: In a totally unrelated happenstance (ahem).  My friend and I have decided to add a 2 or 3 bay Eggliner engine shed on th JGBSMF&W RR.

Since this just happens to coincide with the Challenge, I will be participating.

Thank you Mikey, I've been waiting for someone to actually enter. I've got my plans, but I didn't want to be the first one to enter.

As for the snack machine, it never worked from the get-go. You do remember the, "chocolate volcano" incident? Eek Took us three weeks to eat all that chocolate on the ceiling. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I have updated (pun intended) the completion date to April 30th.

I know this is a leap year, but we only add a day to February therefore, April has it's standard "30 Days"  Goldth Misngth Goldth Misngth Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

(02-26-2020, 08:29 PM)ngauger Wrote: I have updated (pun intended) the completion date to April 30th.

I know this is a leap year, but we only add a day to February therefore, April has it's standard "30 Days"  Goldth Misngth Goldth Misngth Goldth

Not in this part of the country. We try to push away the start of summer every chance we get. But if you insist.... Icon_redface Icon_redface
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well folks, April 30 was yesterday, meaning that we're heading into the voting stage of this challenge. We've got four entries, we were hoping for more, but I suppose four is enough. Regardless of where everyone is, where things are as of now is what's going to count, finished or not, the pressure is off.

I'll open a voting poll as soon as I have time, today is a busy one, so it might not happen before this weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and