Ezdays' 2020 a bit over one sqare foot challenge
(04-05-2020, 06:27 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Aging eyes? Really? Come on Don you are only in your 70's, you are still a kid! When you hit your 90's then you can talk about aging eyes! Big Grin

Well, I'm a lot closer to that 90 than you think. Just had my 86th last week. 548 I remember going to the eye doctor a long time ago and was complaining I had to hold things far away to be able to read them. He asked how old I was, "40", I said. He fired back, "there's the problem, you're 40".... Been wearing readers ever since.... Icon_cry Hands don't work as well as they used to either, but I still like the challenges of N scale and won't change. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(04-05-2020, 06:57 AM)ezdays Wrote: ...Just had my 86th last week...

It wouldn't have been last Wednesday though...would it? Dodgy

Anyway, a belated  548  Don.

Wayne
(04-05-2020, 08:43 AM)doctorwayne Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 06:57 AM)ezdays Wrote: ...Just had my 86th last week...

It wouldn't have been last Wednesday though...would it? Dodgy

Anyway, a belated  548  Don.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, but it was Tuesday even though I did feel kinda foolish. Icon_rolleyes Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
For some reason I was thinking you were in your 70's Don. A 548 to you! But you still have several more years before you can complain about aging eyes! Eek
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Yeah, Don, Happy Belated Birthday
That's one thing I miss, the old place would list the birthdays in the bottom section of the main page.

And yeah.... the windows look great!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
(04-06-2020, 06:46 PM)ngauger Wrote: Yeah, Don, Happy Belated Birthday
That's one thing I miss, the old place would list the birthdays in the bottom section of the main page.

And yeah.... the windows look great!!

Thanks, that was a good feature, don't see any setting for that here though...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
One N scale step for man, one giant step for the wee little people...

Got the D&P General Store and the schoolhouse in place. Doesn't seem like much, but I've had more than a few distractions lately. Got some repair work to do on Slippery Ln. where the contractors really messed it up but I'm waiting for the dust to settle across the street before I write a work order. The trimmed bushes in front of the school are made from scrub pads, just the right thickness for 2' bushes.

When I said that closeup photos show up things that you can't see otherwise, proof is here that I had no idea a part of the chain link fence had rusted until I saw the photos, I'll leave it that way, but there goes those tired old eyes again.. Waiting

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Nice progress Don!
Mike

(04-08-2020, 06:47 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Nice progress Don!

Thanks Mike, I would put some cars in the store's parking lot, but the ones that I have left are all kind of hokey-looking. Not sure where to find decent N scale vehicles, most of what I find are vintage ones from the 30's to the 50's. Would like something that actually looks like cars of a more modern era.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Try Busch, page 598 of the 2020 Walthers catalog.
Mike

Nicely done, Don.  That school's very similar in appearance to a few of the older ones around here, many no longer used as schools, but still in use for other purposes.

Wayne
(04-08-2020, 02:00 PM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Try Busch, page 598 of the 2020 Walthers catalog.
Will do, thanks

(04-08-2020, 04:43 PM)doctorwayne Wrote: Nicely done, Don.  That school's very similar in appearance to a few of the older ones around here, many no longer used as schools, but still in use for other purposes.

Wayne
My era is somewhere between then and now, so it fits. I've not seen many small schools like this around here mainly because they are all later and large. Some are multi-building campuses that could take up about half my layout. I like that little guy, I had it on my old layout, fits in a small rural setting.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don, thats really looking GREAT! Worship I totally admire you, how on earth can you see to do all the details that small, well done!

I did N scale years ago, still have some of it, but nowadays I have a hard time seeing HO, NO WAY i could do N scale again Nope  .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Deano, thanks much, I always envy larger scale modelers because they can get so much more detail in what they do, but then us N scalers can get so much more in less space, and that's the reason I still model in N. Eyes, hands, knees and every other part don't work like they used to, but that's all part of the challenge. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
The smaller scales are more efficient at hiding mistakes. All details really show up in the larger scales.... even errors Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???