Weathering Modern Rolling Stock
Hello,

as i wrote in another thread, i have purchased some modern cars for Fremo operations. Taking advantages of sales and reduced prices at least i get a colourful mix of modern cars. And when you are accustomed to the dark colours of elder eras, the modern era cars are comparatively very colourful.
Something has to happen to these bright shiny cars. In real this is the work of Jürgen who has specialized to this art of work. In return i reworked some of his locos and turned them into runners like a dream.

[Image: dsc01415g0j7o.jpg]
Let' start with a blue one. CSX and clean cars are two different universes. So Jürgen occupied my workshop, locked me out and began exercising his vodoo.

[Image: dsc02453aijes.jpg]
That was the result.

[Image: dsc03946kts1a.jpg]
Another candidate.

[Image: dsc024510rjmg.jpg]
We were astonished, these white gons were relatively clean. We have looked to nearly hundred photos of the prototype.

Lutz
Yeah, the weathering certainly makes the cars look more realistic. Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Nice job, the originals look like lumps of plastic, you made them look like they should. Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Very nice job on the weathering! love the gon Applause
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
O.K. thank you for the laurel, but all the credit is due to Jürgen (aka Speziguzi) and his skills.

[Image: dsc03824e7rly.jpg]
The next one ist this baby blue gondola.

[Image: dsc02456wzjhw.jpg]
Baby blue became dirty. I like this not so heavy weathered look. These gon is is still rather new and in use. There some dirt and wear is uninvetable, but not so heavy as it will be the case 30 years in the future shortly before meeting the scrappers torch.

[Image: dsc02446ktjn0.jpg]
Two yellow box cars (Atlas FMC) in the afternoon sun. CLP 3010 has got it's weathering while LEF 1010 is still like just unpacked.

[Image: dsc02448x5jmz.jpg]

[Image: dsc024499kk94.jpg]
Both ends of CLP 3010.

Lutz
Hello,

some new items:

[Image: dsc02455yukdu.jpg]
Exact Rail 65' gon.

[Image: dsc0245045kbp.jpg]
Athearn RTR FMC box.

[Image: dsc02454ucklo.jpg]
Vox Valley 50' box.

[Image: dsc02458qikh8.jpg]
A comparison.

Lutz
[video=youtube]http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fW4k8e502ok" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

All possibilities to show the video here failed  Curse

Lutz
Here's a direct link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW4k8e502ok

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Video 
Hello,

my next try:

Lutz
Hello,

another bunch:

[Image: dsc02457pmjoz.jpg]
UP reefer.

[Image: dsc03494vejmo.jpg]
A double door box.

[Image: dsc03499wkkyk.jpg]
At least this yellow box car was weathered too.

[Image: dsc03495ajjht.jpg]
A blue 60' autoparts box.

Lutz
The weathering definitely makes those cars more prototypical in their appearance...a big improvement. Applause Applause Applause 

Wayne
Very good looking cars! As Wayne said a great improvement.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello,

the next bunch:

[Image: dsc034961lk0v.jpg]
Exact Rail MP Gondola with washboard sides.

[Image: dsc03497d4kbw.jpg]
Athearn Genesis plug door boxcar.

[Image: dsc03498k5kun.jpg]
A modified P2K 50' box. I removed the rooftop running boards and parts of the ladders on one end. Because the brake wheel is still near the top, the long ladders has to be left in place here.

Lutz