Oh the horror!!!
I suppose its only fitting that tonight of all nights I spend it hacking little people to bits in order to glue them in place as passengers inside my Rapido RDC.  Oh the HUGE MANATEE!!!

No one was safe...

By any means neccessary! Muuuuahahahaha!!!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!   Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
You need to build a scale guillotine Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
LOL!! Icon_lol Applause Great post Icon_e_biggrin

I have done that, it was a great way to use some of the people that were wearing clothes that did not fit the era I was modeling at the time Thumbsup
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
You need a car show or something to use up the now spare legs doing an inspection.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks guys. The idea of using the legs for a mechanic or person working on a car is a great idea for the left over...um...parts? Better then what my family was suggesting.

Make use of the parts for a cemetery scene...or build a butcher shop/deli and have the bits hanging in the window.

Ummm...Should I be a little worried about that last suggestion?
(11-01-2020, 09:18 AM)tetters Wrote: .....Ummm...Should I be a little worried about that last suggestion?

Nah, I was planning to use the cut-off bits from my LPBs for a gondola-load of slaughterhouse offal, but I'd have to use a piece of styrofoam to make it look like a full, ready-to-slosh-over-the-sides load of such stuff.  Besides that, I'd have to build a half-zillion-or-so HO flies to make it look prototypical. 

There was, some years ago, a company known as Olfactory Airs, which offered various scents for layouts, such as coal smoke, creosote, and perhaps loaded stock cars, too.

Wayne
This is somewhat related, You might consider this for a scene.     
To add to the newspaper article, My future wife was 11 at the time and her father was the manager of the loading dock where these trucks were loaded. She went to the site with her dad. The truck was loaded with chicken guts and feet and the train hit between the first and second trailer. 
     I had heard this story many times from her, and then I got involved with the railroad in Negley and I was repainting one of the Y&S locomotives for the Little Beaver Creek Valley historical society.
      I got to be friends with a retired engineer and one conversation brought this incident up. He was the conductor that night and Little Joe McMahon was the engineer. He told us it was so bad they had to get another locomotive and a new crew because they were losing stomach contents even after they were empty. 
        I talked to the guy that lived by the crossing and he said he was lucky the train was going east and knocked the truck away from the house otherwise it would have been a total loss from the guts.  He said it stunk for a couple months afterwards.
         When I told Chis my FIL had run that company he got a good laugh out of it, and then told me it was the locomotive I was painting that was the one that hit the truck.  So a scene with a truck pulling a set of doubles waiting at a crossing would be a ghoulish scene for Halloween.  

Charlie
Great story, Charlie! We do live in a very small world.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Well, let me say that this whole thing just tears me up, my sides are splitting in two from laughing. Icon_lol A bit corny, but what else can I say except that it's offal what those poor LPB's are going through.... Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Haha great stuff guys.

Wayne - You could always grow a corpse flower...might have to wait a while for it to bloom though. So you better get started on them flies.

Charlie - That's a great story. I can't even imagine the smell. I'd tossed my cookies for sure. That said, it must have been "offal" for the people involved at the time. Ba-doom-tis!
I would save the legs and use them on other top half's to change there appearance , also I use my chopper to cut them to get a clean cut that needs no filing when putting them to gather. I often chop cheaper LPB's to bits and play Frankenstein .
(11-02-2020, 12:09 PM)jim currie Wrote: I would save the legs and use them on other top half's to change there appearance , also I use my chopper to cut them to get a clean cut that needs no filing when putting them to gather. I often chop cheaper LPB's to bits and play Frankenstein .

IS that pronounced Frankenstyne or Frankensteen? 
Charlie
Ei is pronounced I as in Eisenhauer.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.