The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greeting, gang.

Rain and 37 degrees this morning. May get to the mid 50s with more rain and possibly a thunderstorm or two. It's been raining since yesterday morning and according to our very good friends at the National Weather Service we have about a half inch of rain so far.

Pretty quiet weekend. Saturday afternoon and evening I watched some great-nieces dance competition in Albuquerque, NM. Gotta love live streaming. Yesterday I watched the F1 race from Australia with some mildly surprising incidents. Otherwise a weekend of not doing much of anything - much like the coming week.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good afternoon folks
It is 44 heading up to 52. It may actually turn out to be a pleasant day.

As predicated Saturday was pretty much a wash out. I limited the running to the post office and the produce store. It was nasty driving with many roads nearly half covered in runoff. The rain did stop around 5 PM but everything was soaked. We did some minor things around the house including some laundry and organizing. I have some bins to put away in storage and a couple of empty ones that could be used for trains. Sunday was bright and sunny and on the mild side. My wife and I decided to spend a couple of hours driving around Valley Forge Park. We were pleasantly surprised at the amount of work the National Park Service has done since last fall. They refurbished a number of soldiers’ quarters and clean out numerous dead trees from the manicured areas. They also improved many of the roads and walking trails. After our galivanting through the park we hit PetSmart and the grocery store on the way home.

On the layout I added the abutments to the thru girder bridge and hogged out the foam so the bridge would fit. I cleaned up the mess. I used a few strips of my wife two-sided tape to attach the rails to both bridges. This held the bridges in place so I could place shims under them to make the bridge decks at the proper elevation. Lastly, I ran some test trains across them.

After work I need to run to the pharmacy and grab a couple of things for my wife. Unfortunately, it does not include Mounjaro for my wife. She is currently out of it. We have been trying to get it for eight weeks. It is out of stock everywhere thanks to doctors and celebrities using it off label for weight loss and not diabetes.

Tonight I want to see what tweaking I need to do to the bridges. I ordered a tunnel portal and some retaining walls so I can fill in the gaps between the bridges. The bridges will be in temporary positions until I figure out and make the roadway.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hi all. well, another Monday is upon us things are close to the same did have to reline some yard track on layout lead track was too tight to take a car oner 50 ft long .been cold and windy here so the rites boys have been acting up again! got to head to Tucson tomorrow to the va.

stay safe Jim.
Greetings, gang.

Well, the wind's a'blowin' and the snow's a'flyin' in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 30 falling to the mid 20s by noon-ish. Not a very pleasant spring day.

I finally got some news about my car yesterday. Looks like another 4-6 weeks before parts become readily available. Acura said there would be plenty of warning if the current parts were about to fail so I'm gonna start venturing out of town to the great-grandkids sporting events next week. Fingers crossed the engine holds up. They do have some parts available for cars whose engines have already failed. After lunch I was able to sit on the front porch and enjoy an early spring thunderstorm.

Prayers for the people affected by the bridge collapse.

Gas was $3.18 when I was out and about yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, just a quickie, got an appointment in just a bit. Had a great time yesterday target shooting. Nice weather and we were hitting our targets on an astounding basis. I did get my keyed lug nuts replaced with some regular ones that Honda included, they could not find the one that they lost and I'm fine. I don't have expensive tires and I don't live in a high crime area so I really don't need security lug nuts to prevent theft.

Yes, prayers for those that were on the bridge when it collapsed.

That's it for now. Another nice day in store for today, just a bit cool, but pleasant.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

19 going to 35 today. 60 by Friday.

Big excitement here was ordering a new mouse. I bought one a couple of weeks ago but it has several problems, among them going through batteries in a matter of days. New one should be here Friday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Cloudy and windy. Hi in the 40s today.
No plans till Friday. Just a quick trip to the produce store today. Went back to the doctor yesterday, Bronchitis just won't go away. Got different meds seems to be helping this time slept better last night.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool this morning. 25 now going to maybe the mid 40 this afternoon.

In the "If I Only Had a Brain" department I did some grocery shopping yesterday for the fixings for pumpkin pie. Any guesses out there on what I forgot? In other news I got a book in the mail yesterday for driving the original Route 66. That's my current plan for a big road trip this summer. Could be fun. I have orders to make it to at least Albuquerque to visit a niece and her family. If anyone has suggestions for what to see and do along the way I'm open to suggestions. While shopping I found some rubber sandals to wear at the gym. I inadvertently left my previous ones in a locker and of course by the next day they were gone again. Oh, well. Lesson learned.

Happy Easter from our local gas stations. Prices jumped yesterday from $3.18 to $3.39

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, another pleasant day yesterday, three more in the 80's, then a very good chance of rain and back down into the 60's on Easter Sunday. I hope no one is planning an outdoor Easter egg hunt. Who can afford eggs now days anyway?

Filled up yesterday at the Fry's grocery station near my house at $3.59. Just three cents higher than Costco and not worth the drive to get there. Many other stations are at $3.69 and up. Some are already well past $4.00 for regular.

Nothing on the agenda today, time to take my minimum IRA distributions, so I may do that today. I also need to call my ISP and see if we can strike a deal since I just got a notice that fiber is now available to me to subscribe to. Other than that, I just might peck away at my layout, I've actually have done a bit on it this past week or so, still hit a block on the track crossover from the old to the new section, I can do it, I just need to get the motivation. Once that happens, it won't take that long.

Take care, have a great day...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD