The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a semi balmy 40 going to 49.

The wife and I got up late this morning and had to rush everything. Friday is her early day with her student, so I had to rush feed the cats and guinea pig. Medicate myself, feed the dog and give him his medication, make breakfast, and add water to the heater so it would turn on. All this in 30 minutes versus or normal one hour.

Yesterday was tech problem day. My wife’s computer stopped playing sound in the middle of a zoom class. We could not get her new blue tooth ear buds to work. Finally, I found an old wire set of ear buds and that solved the problem. Spoke to my daughter and found out she has the same problem along with many of her students. Apparently after some time the ear buds and the laptop just don’t like each other and stop communicating. Tech issue two was with one of our TV’s fire stick. I was only displaying half the available channels and apps. Struggled with it for about 45 minutes and then called Amazon tech support. Found out the problem was the last update did not install. Downloaded it and did a manual install and everything worked. Number three was my daughter’s printer decided it did not want to print in color even though it had a brand-new cartridge. Discovered the problem was with the printer driver. Reinstalled it and everything was the way it should be.

Despite the tech stuff I unexpectedly got all the outside Christmas decorations in and put away. I sealed the weathered Intermountain pink hoppers and sealed the Bachmann poultry transit cars. I also demoed a good portion of the mountain on the layout. I put the buildings in bin for safe keeping.

This morning I sealed five cabooses to prep them for weathering. I hope to weather the two Red Caboose tank cars and Bowser livestock cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning everyone, Friday again, pretty soon we'll be seeing Easter candy and cards in stores.

Gas is still sitting around $2.49, I filled up this morning at Costco for $2.09. Sam's club is about the same, they keep stations in their areas a bit lower than the rest, but still nothing lower there than $2.39. I got by for under $25 because I didn't need a full tank. I remember a few years ago filling up my Chevvy truck for over $100. Gas was really high and it had a 30 gal tank.

We had a short chat last night, just me and Lutz. I guess everyone else had other things that took them away, so we cut it short. Lutz was there at 1:00 AM his time, and no sense keeping him awake with just me to stare at.... Icon_eek  I hope we can do better the next time we chat.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning. Cloudy day here. 
I got involve scanning the photos from the Shodde collection and totally forgot the chat last night. I worked until 1 AM and started at 9 this morning and I just finished scanning the entire collection. The photos still have to have the information that is on the back combined with the front image and many of the images need to be enhanced but for now they are scanned and backed up. 

Have a good day, I am taking a break.
Charlie
Our TV box is mostly working again. We set it to tape  All Creatures Great and Small but got nothing.  The same setting shows it should tape Sunday night.
The previous unit (on Christmas Eve!) went wonky so that it stopped taking instructions 15-20 minutes after a reboot -- wouldn't even shutdown. Cable co. replaced it (a rental) but it took a while over Christmas. The unit selects shows to tape by name of show, and then can be refined by date and time. If the schedule decides that the show is no longer Masterpiece Theater but Downtown on Masterpiece, it won't recognize it. Can't specify 8:00 on Sunday night.

I checked the webby site for Covid vaccs.  It tells me there are between 0 and 5 million people ahead of me.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning all, it's Saturday, at least I hope so since I slept in an extra hour and a half. Wasn't feeling that good yesterday, I think the creeping crud had crept back. Sneaky stuff. I should just lock the doors from the outside and not go out until my Covid-19 vaccine shot is scheduled. My big problem is that I get my mail at the Post Office and that's one nasty place to go. I see people trying to open doors with their elbows or butts. I just might start wearing latex gloves like some folks do, the numbers for our state are really high enough to scare anyone.

Did all I'm going to do on my scratchbuilt sporting goods store/photos studio, dedicated to my grandson-in-law, future great-grandson and DIL. Now I need to start on one for my son's MIL and I will have something on my layout for each member of the family.

I'm adding smart switched and outlets to several rooms, it's easy, just that you need to get the device app and the Alexa app to understand each other. Installing the device and registering it on the app took about five minutes. Getting Alexa to recognize the new name, about a hour. Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
44 and sunny after big fog. Suppose to be windy. Tomorrow wind chill cold.

Being lazy. Hints about driving Miss Daisy today.  She is talking to one of her buds right now that usually do Saturday things together. Maybe just maybe. BoJangles biscuits for breakfast. Sitting watching news.

None of my packages came yesterday.  USPS really getting bad.

Car guys, look at this one [not the one below the news thingy]

https://www.wral.com/tar-heel-travel...tion/19470813/

Have a good one. Life is good and God is laughing.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
No packages. Priority Mail the 10th. Suppose to arrive 14th. Tracking said 14th. Now says it is in route from Raleigh to R'ville [same since the 13th]. Can't get it over the Neuse River I guess. Menards packages in Raleigh 14th. The same as the first package. Now lets see if they come Tuesday. [Monday Fed holiday] Can't finish my Train Box projects without them.
Greetings, gang.

Light snow and 25 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be around 30 with maybe an inch of snow.

Got home yesterday afternoon. Most everything is packed up and ready to go. Due to weather and other family commitments we were unable to load yesterday. Current plan is for everyone to arrive early this coming Saturday with pickups and trailers. Should be able to load all in a day and bring it home. Next milestone will be at the end of the month when I get the affidavit as administrator. Then I can take control of his financial resources. The other fun project will be his income taxes.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, a new day, a new week. Let's hope and pray that things go smooth this week. Nothing planned for me, I finished putting in all my smart switches yesterday, now all I have to do is to remember what Alexa command turns on which lights and what turns them off. I'm using up my cell phone MB's like crazy getting everything organized, but I had over a GB  in the bank, so no worries there. I still have over 4,000 unused text messages I can send, and over 2500 minutes of talk. With Tracfone, they carry forward as long as you renew on time and I obviously don't download, text or talk that much.

Temps are crazy here, near freezing early, into the 80's by late afternoon. Ideal for Spring Training baseball, just don't know how they're going to do that this year. They've announced the schedules, just wonder if they'll let anyone in to watch.

Tom, my heart goes out for what you're going through. It has to be difficult, just know that you have friends here that, although they can't physically help, they do care and support you. I wish you and your family the best, and our prayers are with you all.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Slept late. Then cooked bologna, egg and cheese sandwiches on hamburger bun. Now goofing off until TV Church. Today's agenda?????

Expecting a Prime delivery. Is on its way per tracking.

Now we will see who is last.

OH. 42 and sunny. Guessers says wind chill. No wind. ????
Good morning all, temps are kinda changing, lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's, possibly low 70's with an appreciable chance of rain starting tomorrow. That's a good thing since my truck still has a lot of desert dust on it from target shooting last week.

Am running out of scratch-building material so I decided to take a trip to the LHS. Well, if you can say just under 20 miles is local, that's how far away the closest shop, "The Hobby Bench" is. It's been years since I've been there and as expected, lots of folks all huddled around the R/C counter. Shelf after shelf full of R/C cars and planes, and oh yeah, there's a couple with train stuff. One for O, one for HO, and about three feet for N scale. The few kits and tracks they had were overpriced, higher than list, and things were spread out, even for HO just to fill the space. They did have lots of Woodland Scenic, but they used to carry a full line of Evergreen material, which is why I went there in the first place, but that space was taken up with decals and add-ons for R/C stuff now. I was going to go to the next shop, "Hobby Depot", but that's 50 miles away in Tempe, so I'll save that trip when I can pack a lunch to take with me. I think I'll call first, better yet, I just think I'll go to Walther's and order what I need.

We lost another great modeler and friend to us all, Pete (sumpter250) had been battling dementia for the past few years, but passed away yesterday from Covid-19. He is being remembered here and all his threads have been moved to here as well.

Take care, stay safe and have a great week....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 21 headed for cloudy and 28 this afternoon. Another weather curve ball this morning. The National Weather Service is talking about snow for the coming weekend when I was hoping to get everything moved out of my son's place. We shall see.

Yesterday was pretty much a day of rest. I did get the car emptied out and did a minor repair on the snow blower after removing a couple inches of "an inch or less" of snow. Projects for today include a trip to Walmart for groceries and if it's open a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Morning.  Chilly start [29] but warming fast [41].  Haven't decided what to do today.  Did get all my newer buildings lit yesterday and last night.  Will do some older ones if my lighting kits ever get across the Neuse River from Raleigh.  Seems the USPS wants to keep them in Raleigh. 

Hope all have a great week ahead.
Hi guys-
Sun is up and shinning bright this AM. NO snow to shovel here in Phoenix, Az.
Don- what are you needing? I have to head out to the Hobby Depot today or tomorrow.
I need a Kadee coupler for an HO project I have under way.
Long trip for one item, but I know Hobby Bench will not even know what I am looking for unless Sid is working.
Chief Eagles—- loved the link to the car collection!
Didn't have to walk for exercise today -- the house cleaning took its place. Short walk for no mail.
Not sure how far to nearest hobby shop -- there's no real train place in any of the 3 cities nearby, although one of the Platelayers imports British stuff. just checked: The nearest train place (stocks Kadees) is 41 minutes away (46 km).
I've been working on a new card kit -- a stationmaster's house. I think it just came out last year. I'm pleased with it almost completely. The die cutting is perfect and aligned. The book of directions is pretty good although I did manage to get one of the windows in the wrong way (now sorted). I should have read a bit farther when there was one more hole than windows.
Much more satisfying than the 40-year old kit I started at Christmas.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.