The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Walmart.com story about Wifey. Ordered twins hoverboards. One finally came in a big box. Wifey "assumed" it was two. Finally opened on Dec 9. Only 1. Calls Walmart.com. After arguing that they did NOT ship 2 but only 1, guy credits her CC and reorders. Tells her will be delivered 12/17. Gets email confirming. Didn't come. She is nonchalant about it. I go in her email and find the order email. Click on the FEDEX tracking number [looked to short]. No such number. Click on Walmart order number in email. No such order. So I tell Wifey. She gets ill at me. undefined Finally she computer chats with Walmart.com. That is useless. Finally rep calls her. Lady real nice. Finds order by her name. Completely different order number from one emailed. Tracking number different from email. FEDEX says label created 12/9. Lady says someone in warehouse in TX has not pulled and shipped. Lady gets supervisor and they reorder. Now coming 12/29 or earlier. How do you contact Walmart.com and reach someone high enough to be concerned and chew A? Lady did tell Wifey that guy told her all that and sent email just to get her off the phone. BTW: if anything is shipped by FEDEX, UPS, USPS or Prime, I get an email when label created, shipped, when out for delivery and delivered. Nothing from Walmart.com. Told Wifey that and finally she listened.

Now another thingy. Amazon Prime is giving dates of delivery and not meeting them. Sometimes the items aren't shipped by supplier until after the date Amazon said was delivery date. Call Amazon and they will not discuss. This was happening in October. So not Christmas last minute rush.

Tom, go for it. 

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Tom fishing.

[Image: enhance]
Hello Blue
The couple inches of snow we got from the eastern storm melted today.
Gonna visit with some train guys on Zoom tonight.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Because we couldn't gather for the Village Christmas dinner this year, committee arranged for the University's hospitality students to provide assembled meals for us. These were delivered today. (440 were ordered.) I thought they would be for my birthday but we had them today. Turkey with all trimmings, salad, spiced pudding. I still have most of the salad and some other bits for tomorrow.
The locomotive downtown has been joined up with its tender. The wether was never nice enough for me to get a picture of the drawbar details.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning folks, great Saturday, got to sleep in an extra hour an a half. Felt good to sleep in, just that all my joints ache from working on my cabinet project which now just needs some paint.

And Frank, it's been a while since I heard of anyone going cracker fishing. I understand there's no limits and no license required. Icon_lol

Getting close to Christmas, hope everyone has their shopping done. Can't rely on Santa this year, think about this, will he become a worldwide spreader of Covid-19 by going house to house? How about his workshop, are the elves practicing social distancing? Icon_e_surprised My instructions to him this year would be to leave all presents by the front door. He'll find an unopened box of Walmart cookies, and a sealed container of milk there if he chooses to indulge. I just hope he has his vaccine shot by now. Misngth

Brought my $10 outdoor thermometer indoors just to check it's accuracy since it's been reading higher than what some of those government-owned million dollar ones are reporting. It has a wireless remote with a digital readout and seems to be working just fine. Maybe I should gift one to all those weather folks that seem to be the ones that are way off. 

Have a great and uneventful weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy now but it's supposed to clear off and get to the low 30s. 20 right now.

Stopped at Walmart before going to the gym yesterday and ran into one of my grandsons. Had a nice impromptu visti with him. Gym was routine. After lunch I switched the summer and winter toys. Got the oil changed on the snow blower and test fired it. Also "swept" out the garage floor using the leaf blower. Watched Nebraska actually win a game for change last night. Not much planned for today.

Frank - that would be the closest you would get me to fishing. Was forced to go as a kid. Only place we fished was downstream from the packing house in the 50s. Very nasty water. Only thing we ever caught was carp.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
33 and sunny. High today will be mid 40's. Maybe the deer will move. Last Sat., high 60's.

Wifey off shopping early with sister. Bad. Wiley barked and barked all morning until I got up at 7:30. Was sleeping sound. Lucy next to me in bed. We both were irritated. She climbed in her bed on the den floor and went back to sleep. Mirra still up stairs on a bed. Finn slept on the den couch and finally got up. Animals. 

Off to the hunt in a few.
Good morning everyone, ahhh, Sunday, slept a bit late today, I guess for an old guy I've been a bit too active and it shows.  I think today I'm just going to take it easy and so something on my layout. Trying to get the track in shape to run some trains, but then again, there's much to do with the scenery, roads to clear and repave, buildings to construct and other things that I enjoy doing, so that stuff is at the top of my list for sure.

Temps are pleasant enough that I went out without a jacket yesterday. Planning on going target shooting tomorrow, it should be nice just as long as there's no wind. I used to love windy days when I went trap shooting, the targets would fly around haphazardly rather than in a set pattern, and it was fun. Now, just shooting at plastic bottles and paper targets, the wind is kind of annoying when it blows our targets down. Well, target shooting is kind of like working on your layout or running trains, you cannot have a bad day doing any of that. Worship Worship 

Church day today, we are warned by the Church not to go if you have any fears about spreading the virus, or if you are sick. That stands to reason, so I'm debating right now.

Take care, have a great day and stay safe. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 19 outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be near 40 with clouds moving in sometime this afternoon.

Yesterday was a pretty laid back day. Laundry in the morning and an hour long walk in the afternoon. Today will be about the same but without having to do the laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Afternoon. Rainy and 43. Suppose to stop for a few hours and back tomorrow. Think we sent more snow north. 

Waffles and country style bacon. Watched Church on TV. Now resting and enjoying the day. Probably go to Train Box and do some making jumpers for battery maintainer for feeder batteries. The piggyback connectors came as Amazon promised.

Concerned for friend Fred. We sent to some cameras after dark last night. He was coughing constantly. More of a dry cough though.

Hope all have a great Christmas week. Stay safe and well.
It's with a heavy heart that I write this. My son passed away in his sleep sometime this morning. I'm at his house now trying to sort this all out. I'll write again when I have things a little under control.

Tom

I am so sorry to read this Tom. I know nothing I can say will ease your pain but I want you to know I feel the heartbreak you are enduring. May he rest in peace. 
Sincerley
Charlie
I am beyond words for you Tom, it is devastating news to hear and you have our heartfelt sympathy. As you all were all here for me when I needed friends near, we are all here for you. If we can help in any way we will, even if it's just to listen. Our prayers are with you and your family tonight. God bless you all...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Tom

I have no words that I feel are sufficient for such a devastating loss. You and your family have our deepest sympathies and prayers.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
OMG!!!!  So sorry.  Prayers and love your way.

Cloudy [suppose to have sun soon] and 47.

Driving Wifey around on errands.

Yesterday changed as the wind changed.  Ended up riding with SIL, her hubby and Wifey on their shopping trip.  BIL and I sat in car and chatted.  Got home after dark.  Did get a good steak at Longhorn Steak House.

Have a good one.