Piledriver project
Thanks for the links to the crazy Ca-knuckleheads, Lutz.

Wayne
well its starting to look like something now added the skirts and door and window , next will be the roof and the hammer boom.
Jim

Attached Files Image(s)

well won't be posting and progress photos for a while my 18 year old digital camera went south and finding a reasonable priced replacement is hard as most plces around here are sold out  on the mid range ones.  anyway what i was wondering if the  driver boom is attached to what looks like a casting to me any thoughts ?
Don't know about the casting, but maybe a few tips on taking photos without a camera. There are probably more photos taken now using cell phones rather than a single-use camera. Those can be uploaded to your computer, usually as a .jpg. If your phone doesn't have a camera, then you have one on your computer. I wanted to send someone a "selfie" the other day and realized that I could take single-shots with my computer camera. Mine is plugged into a USB port so I can move it around a bit better than one attached to a laptop, but where there's a will, there's a way.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(02-06-2021, 07:40 AM)ezdays Wrote: Don't know about the casting, but maybe a few tips on taking photos without a camera. There are probably more photos taken now using cell phones rather than a single-use camera. Those can be uploaded to your computer, usually as a .jpg. If your phone doesn't have a camera, then you have one on your computer. I wanted to send someone a "selfie" the other day and realized that I could take single-shots with my computer camera. Mine is plugged into a USB port so I can move it around a bit better than one attached to a laptop, but where there's a will, there's a way.

don't have a cellphone  Eek one the last to be able to say this .
Jim
(02-06-2021, 08:58 AM)jim currie Wrote: don't have a cellphone  Eek one the last to be able to say this .
Jim

I went down fighting as well, making me among the last to have one as well. I can count on my fingers the number of times I've actually used mine to make a call, I got it "just in case".... Once you have a smart device in your house, you really have no choice, the only way they'll run is if you download their app to your smart phone.

You still might try using your computer camera for a few still photos. Might be easy, might not.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
well i got started  on the upper boom .

need to detail it now. tried to retitle thread but couldn't should read: piledriver .
Jim
(03-03-2021, 12:17 AM)jim currie Wrote: .....need to detail it now. tried to retitle thread but couldn't should read: piledriver .

Jim

I think I've corrected it for you, Jim.

Wayne
thanks Wayne, did connect the upper boom to lower with a temp pin started to more work on boom.

next will be the ladder and the hammer.
Jim
It's coming along nicely, Jim.   Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
I like it.. nice work.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Looking good.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
thanks for the comments haven't done a lot to it lately added some details to lower boom and ladder to upper ( trying to decide if it needs a ladder on both sides ) and pot roof on body.

Jim