warning
i just got through downloading and installing windows 10 20n4 at 18 gigs it took over three hours to download  and 3.5 hours to install , so if you don't have good internet speeds this is a warning your in for a long haul .
Jim
Thanks for the warning. I'm still running version 2004 and set the update to start after I went to bed. It was finished by the time I got up the next day so I haven't a clue as to how long it took.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hi - I haven;t been here in quite a while, but I finally found my way back.

Personally, I dread the time when I will be forced to upgrade to software I don't want. I have several programs that will not run afterwards, and I have the same feeling about v.10 as I did abut Vista - probably not what it's hyped up to.

Still, I guess you can't hold back progress forever, but I'm a solid supporter of the "if isn't broken", don't fix it" philosophy, and my system isn't broken.
I did 3 computers Wednesday. One laptop 64 bit and regular hard drive took 6 hours total, my new one with the solid state drive only 30 minutes to download and install but the kicker was the old 32 bit clunker. 30 minutes but I suspicion the update had all ready been downloaded. The same may be true for my new laptop although it said it was downloading . I get almost 200mb download speed from our cable so I don't have a complaint there. 
All the installs went well and no programs were lost.
Charlie
This is why I am not interested in downloading the newest version of Windows. As long as my system works, I don't want to "fix" it, and I remember some of Windows previous stinkers like Vista.