Metal Tank cars by Mantua Athearn Globe, Silvine, Thomas and other
Mantua single dome, "Quaker State" A very old car in very good condition.

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Frank, I have really enjoyed these threads about the older models. Thanks for posting them.
Charlie
    Charlie, thank you for viewing and commenting on the trains. What is the sense of having a whole lot of Vintage HO trains in boxes in your attic and basement? Here I get to share them with others like yourself. Thanks again. 
frank

Back to Mantua in the 1950s.  VALVOLINE 830. Really like to see the Warren. It is one I have been looking for.
frank
I had one of those HObbyline combines, Frank, but re-did it as a CPR car.

Wayne
My first Thomas wine car is a Roma wine one and was missing one dome. But I was happy to find it.

I acquired a Selly casting for a small dome and placed it on my prized Thomas car.

Since then I have found at train shows a few others but my first one tho being flawed is still my prized possession.

For me, they don't have to be perfect to be special.
frank
Mantua Metal Tank Car Quaker State motor Oil.
frank

One of my Old beat up SINCLAIR Oil Co tank cars by Mantua. Mantua didn't weather the can like this. Father Time did.
frank

I should not have put the HObbyline train sets in an OLD Metal tank car thread. I changed one into an easy to see a large copy on one of my Valvoline tank cars. 

The Thomas Roma Wine is here so I'll now place the other six dome wine car, Ambrose, here. 
frank

Here's the original box.

Attached Files Image(s)

I have no idea how I put 2 copies of the Ambros wine car in the last post. When I look back in edit there are only 2 photos posted.  Oh well removing one is beyond me.
frank