tompm's kitbuild 2022 challenge part 2
Since the hot dog stand is on hold it time to move onto the second structure which is Mickey's Fruit Stand

[Image: uyb523k.jpg]

Here are the parts.

[Image: dYj5rMa.jpg]

I am not sure how or what exactly I am going to do with this kit. At first I did not like the trash pile and the abandoned building wall. However, I have come up with a couple of ideas.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
That is a challenge for sure. I think I'd separate the two and do the fruit stand by itself on a separate base. I doubt that the county health inspector would allow selling food so close to a pile of rubble. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I'll side with Don on this I would separate the stand and possibly surround it with either vegetables or some fruit trees  then use the trash piles and the wall some where else. 
Jim
Yes,

That is a well known kit for me. The origin were a series of H0 city houses from POLA creates in the 1980's
https://www.google.com/search?q=pola+sta...11&dpr=1.3
These kit series replicate typical houses in German city areas how they looked alike in the 1950's. These houses of the post war era were not redone then, bear still some traces of war actions or were makeshift repaired to became inhabitable. Some houses did not survive or were still in ruins. POLA did also make kits showing ruined city houses, either in demolition or beginning of rehabilitation.
Your fruit stand is one of this kits of these series. Original it was "Erna Müller Obst und Gemüse" (grocery) a temporary built shack. This grocery was located before the war in the former house which is now totally ruined, only a part of the wall is still standing. This temporary shack, don't ask where the stuff for this came from, was built onto her own property amongst the rubble and enables Erna Müller to continue her business as grocer. This stopgap will continue until some day builders will arrive, clear the rubble off the property, start building a new house and Erna Müller's grocery is back in full business again. But at these early post war "Wiederaufbau" times in Germany a simple truck was worth it's weight in gold.

Lutz
That's some very interesting background information Lutz, and your link to Pola's offerings is mind-blowing, both for the amount of structures that they offer and for the variety, too.

Wayne
Wow, what great background info Lutz. That explains why the rubble is so close to a fruit stand. Here in the US, fruit stands are most likely found along a rural highway, not in the middle of a city.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Awesome information Lutz! Thanks for posting. I love to find out the background history behind why things were done the way they are.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Seeing Jim's post about his project reminded me I need to get posting about this project.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I decided to cut the base out. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of it after I cu off the extra sections.

Here are the four walls assembled.

[Image: Yq7yE5S.jpg]

[Image: 66j3Acc.jpg]

I added glass where needed to the windows.

I added the front shutter.

[Image: svoeKJm.jpg]

Next was the roof

[Image: ycOXMwr.jpg]

[Image: VYOQHru.jpg]

Add the smoke stack

[Image: PdoryvZ.jpg]
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I added the sign

[Image: G7FJsE9.jpg]

[Image: euW74TY.jpg]

The kit came with crates and barrels. They need some painting which I started. However, like the hot dog stand I need signs to add to the walls. It looks like I need to order some which I found but have not ordered them yet. Unfortunately printing anything at home is not an option as my printer is not printing color correctly.

Hopefully I will get some and add them before the time is up.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
nice small foot print building.
Jim