King Midas Flour Mill
Hi Guys, i have the following structure for sale. Newly built and out of the paint shop. This is a Walthers Cornerstone Series ADM Grain Elevator with an extra 8 silos added on to create a longer silo structure. It is lettered for King Midas Flour.

The main structure was painted white with gray doors and rooftop machinery. The silos have been also sprayed gray and the conveyor housing is white.

The silos structure has a front and a back, by this i mean, how it shows in the pic is how the front must face with the other side facing a wall. This was not one of my better builds on the Walthers Silos. Because i took silos from other projects to create this, it meant that the parts did not fit together perfectly like a new kit, this meant i had to make one good side, so i did my best and it came out just okay. but the silos have to be positioned with the side with the sign facing out and cannot be turned around. I would not suggest putting this structure where you are going to be able to see the back of the silo structure to much, just because it is pretty poor construction.... See the pictures below, the one with an overhead shows some of the poor construction on the back side of the silo structure....

Other then what i just described above, this elevator is pretty well built, and i even sanded down any glue marks that may have oozed out and then repainted the areas.... All in all, im happy with this structure and i wish i could keep it but i dont have a use for it lol

If your interested, please post here or PM me. The price is set at $44.95 plus shipping. Shipping might get a little expensive, but im thinking that it will not be more then $20 to ship it across the US in a big enough box packed carefully. Im offering this to forum members first, if i dont get any interest in it from someone, ill post it on e-bay in a few days.....

Here are some pics:

[Image: SL372701.jpg]

[Image: SL372702.jpg]

[Image: SL372703.jpg]

[Image: SL372704.jpg]

[Image: SL372706.jpg]

[Image: SL372707.jpg]

[Image: SL372708.jpg]

[Image: SL372709.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I forgot to mention the dimensions of the structure:

Silo Structure = 17-1/2" Long x 5-1/2" Wide x 10-1/4" Tall
Main Structure = 10" Long x 9-3/4" Wide x 14" Tall
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
I like it but it's just too big for my layout.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Running Bear Wrote:I like it but it's just too big for my layout.

Thanks!! Misngth

This has been listed on e-bay now, if anyone is interested....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0181917835
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Just an update, this item sold for $71.00 US. Ill be listing another one of these, possibly even 2 more of them soon, i found a guy on e-bay thats leting me have 2 of them for $24.00 each plus $9.00 shipping. I asked him if he would take $21.50 each for all 4 of them that he has plus combined shipping, see what he says Misngth

$71.00 was certainly worth it to me, as it only cost me about $30 to build it.... Ended up paying about $8.00 in fees from e-bay and PayPal though....

I know this still is certainly not anything to good, considering that i was only making about $6.60 an hour for my time building this one..... lol, but hey, its something, and right now, ill take it. No job sucks Nope
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
How did you get the darn silos together, I couldnt get mine to line up right for ANYTHING! 35
KevinKrey Wrote:How did you get the darn silos together, I couldnt get mine to line up right for ANYTHING! 35

I agree with you, assembling the silos is no easy task, and on the older run ADM kits, its even worse and even harder lol. I think Walthers could do a little better with the construction of the silos.... But i usually manage to pull them off and make them look somewhat good lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Good deal Josh Thumbsup Thumbsup
Jim

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi">http://dieseldetailer.proboards53.com/index.cgi</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php">http://www.okmtc.com/community/index.php</a><!-- m -->
Yea, the ADM kit is what I had. I wish I had the space, Id like one of those larger ones for a harbor scene, to add another common commodity for the area Im modeling. Im thinging someday Ill just make a few silos out of PVC pipe.
Thanks Jim Misngth

KevinKrey Wrote:Yea, the ADM kit is what I had. I wish I had the space, Id like one of those larger ones for a harbor scene, to add another common commodity for the area Im modeling. Im thinging someday Ill just make a few silos out of PVC pipe.

Ive made PVC silos before, just make sure you cut them perfectly square on the tops and bottoms, which is no easy task lol, otherwise they will be leaning and crooked Eek lol

Im also going to buy 4 of the Red Wing Flour Mill kits and see about bashing them together (2 and 2) and add on some more details and such... Ill post pics and such of the Grain Mills and Milling Buildings when i get them and start building them, hopefully in about 2 weeks...
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
My miter saw will take care of that for me Josh! Thumbsup

This is getting me excited thinking of the idea I could set up. Maybe a diorama is in store sometime soon!