slow down
I have been having problems with the speed of viewing and uploading for the last several months. It is only on Big Blue. My internet speeds are over 300mb down and 29mb up so it isn't on my end. Any one else noticing this? I am asking because it may be comcast slowing this site down so I wnt to be sure before I complain to them. 
Charlie
I have occasionally had periods where things are slow to the point that pictures take a few seconds to paint, not only linked ones, but those from here on Big Blue. It might last a while, but it is rare. There are also a few times where I don't have access to Big Blue. Wait a few minutes and all is good again. This all appears to be a random and infrequent thing. I get ready to call Pat and tell him that we're down, and it goes away before I can pick up the phone.

That being said, Big Blue is on a "shared" server, meaning there are other domains on the same server as ours. If one of our shared buddies is hogging all the bandwidth, this possibly could happen. If we use too much bandwidth, we get a warning from Go Daddy so I would expect so would everyone else on our server. Pat says that he usually gets those warning when he does updates which can take around an hour to complete. Our backups are done automatically everyday by Go Daddy, so that's not an issue.

As for what's happening to you Charlie, I haven't seen a slowdown or lockout for a long time, months for sure. The last time we were, "down", by the time I got a hold of Pat, we were up on our own, and we blame Go Daddy maybe putting us on a different server or doing some maintenance updating... Too many people on line here? Could be, we frequently have hundreds of visitors. Our record is 1,168 on Big Blue at one time, that happened just three months ago.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hi Charlie---I've had isssues similiar to Don's---I have occasionally had periods where things are slow to the point that pictures take a few seconds to paint, not only linked ones, but those from here on Big Blue. It might last a while, but it is rare. There are also a few times where I don't have access to Big Blue. Wait a few minutes and all is good again. This all appears to be a random and infrequent thing
I have never been denied from the server but at times I think it is on a coffee break. It is random but has been happening more often lately but it is nothing like the days of dial up service.  Icon_e_biggrin
Charlie
(04-13-2023, 07:34 AM)Charlie B Wrote: I have been having problems with the speed of viewing and uploading for the last several months. It is only on Big Blue. My internet speeds are over 300mb down and 29mb up so it isn't on my end. Any one else noticing this? I am asking because it may be comcast slowing this site down so I wnt to be sure before I complain to them. 
Charlie

The only problem I have experienced is the website opening. I often have a long lag before the landing page will open. It isn't all the time, so as others indicated it is sporadic. Glenn