In the South - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: In the South (/showthread.php?tid=2969)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Re: In the South - cnw1961 - 01-06-2011

Reinhard, that looks awesome. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I love it.

Re: In the South - bnsffan - 01-06-2011

Hi Reinhard,

I have to confess that I'm following this thread with great interest since last August. I really love your layout and I like even more the metamorphosis of it.
Your work really influence my actual layout planning as do "Plymouth Street" and "the New York & Atlantic layout" built by cnw1961.
The TPBO post is also very interesting and helps me to progress in my planning.

Go ahead with this fine modeling

Daniel

Re: In the South - faraway - 01-08-2011

Thank you for the kind words.

It got wormer yesterday! That means it is spray can time Thumbsup
It was still chilly and the paint did need a long time to set and finally I had to bring the buildings into my room while the paint was not complete set. Did open the window ever 20 minutes. It did stink like hell....

[Image: Img_0514.jpg?t=1294506591]

Re: In the South - faraway - 01-10-2011

Got the walls detailed and the basic paint job done.
[Image: Img_0516.jpg?t=1294678849]
[Image: Img_0517.jpg?t=1294678849]
[Image: Img_0518.jpg?t=1294678849]
[Image: Img_0520.jpg?t=1294678849]

Re: In the South - tetters - 01-10-2011

I like it! Thumbsup

Re: In the South - SP1 - 01-10-2011

tetters Wrote:I like it! Thumbsup

Cheers How can one not like it?

Re: In the South - bnsffan - 01-10-2011

Great job, it becomes more and more real (world)
What brand of paint do you use? What color is it?
Daniel

Re: In the South - faraway - 01-10-2011

bnsffan Wrote:...What brand of paint do you use? What color is it?...
Daniel, I use three low cost primers (Genius Pro) in 400ml cans from the local home improvement center
- A plastic primer intended for automobile plastic bumpers. It is necessary for styrene too
- A white and light gray primer
I think the brand is not important. But it is important "not" to use quality paint. Quality paint will result is high quality surfaces to smooth and nice for a simple painted wall. Primer results in a dull little rough surface.

Re: In the South - cnw1961 - 01-10-2011

Reinhard, it is amazing how fast your layout changes its looks completely. Next to Gary you are the fastest modeler I know Wink. This time you hit a homerun. A very realistc scene Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup .

Re: In the South - P5se Camelback - 01-10-2011

cnw1961 Wrote:Reinhard, it is amazing how fast your layout changes its looks completely. Next to Gary you are the fastest modeler I know Wink. This time you hit a homerun. A very realistc scene Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup .

Watch out, Kurt ... and add Jens to that list! Confusedhock: :!:

Re: In the South - faraway - 01-11-2011

Well, fast might be. But compared with those "masters" I am doing fast mock ups and prototyping at best Wink

Re: In the South - Herc Driver - 01-11-2011

Reinhard -

If my "finished" layout buildings looked as good as you "mock up" work...I'd be elated! You're really doing some great work and I admire the skills. Thumbsup

The old blue whale got a new layer of white paint to fit into the Vernon standards and got moved some inches to the right. That provided the space to have now on all four sides of the crossing sidewalks (a must in Vernon, with red no parking "artwork") and an extra parking lot to have easy manual access to the first track that is also the programming track.

That completes the basic restructuring of the center part and I can concentrate on all the missing details now.
At this time all new buildings are only "put" on the layout. All roofs need to be done. The parking lots are a concrete desert without any markings. The parking lots need to have an intelligent boarder to the tracks that mimics something like a wall or fence but does not disturb manual access to the programming track. The road has old useless markings. No traffic signs. The sidewalk does not continue over the tracks as it does in Vernon. The backyard of the right building in the background (red car visible) is a dessert, no fence no nothing. And lots of more little things to do...

[Image: Img_0521.jpg?t=1294756915]

Re: In the South - bnsffan - 01-11-2011

faraway Wrote:Daniel, I use three low cost primers (Genius Pro) in 400ml cans from the local home improvement center
Thanks Reinhard for your kind advise.
As I'm not so far away from the german boarder, I'll come back to you when it will be time to buy these paints

Daniel

bnsffan Wrote:...As I'm not so far away from the german boarder...
Daniel, I bought the primer at the local "Toom Baumarkt". Be carefully, most Toom locations are supermarkets (food etc.). The paint spray cans are at the Toom Baumarkt only (Home improvement market http://www.toom-baumarkt.de/)