My plastic freight car challenge - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Scratchbuilding and kitbashing - All Scales (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: My plastic freight car challenge (/showthread.php?tid=4924)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - modelsof1900 - 11-11-2012

The pickle car project is near to finish! Good things need a time however they will take a good end!

[Image: heinzpicklecar_25k.jpg]

Models were sent to my friend for painting - and short after a few of the queenposts broke. They have been made from a hard whitemetal (we say printer metal - a terne metal with a high part antimony) and so I must replace them, all. At a complete detailed model with trussrods and a complete brake gear! And, in addition, the available queenposts were still too short. So I soldered the queenposts on foot plates and I have get the correct height. All in all a really complicated repair however with a good result.

[Image: heinzpicklecar_30kf.jpg]

Yesterday I received a first picture of the first painted model. I think that that is a really fine work!

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - Steamtrains - 11-11-2012

Worship Worship Worship

Absolutely stunning work....!!! Thumbsup

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - faraway - 11-11-2012

Beautiful as always!

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - doctorwayne - 11-11-2012

Very nicely done. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - Harry - 11-11-2012

doctorwayne Wrote:Very nicely done. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Cheers Thumbsup

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - Tyson Rayles - 11-11-2012

Yep! Cheers Very nice! Cheers

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - AF350 - 11-11-2012

Wow nice work Thumbsup

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - modelsof1900 - 11-12-2012

Thank you all for your friendly comments however I must say that a good friend painted the model and I think that he should get this honour.
Joerg, many thanks for your fine work!

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - cn nutbar - 11-12-2012

Bernhard---you and your friend Joerg are an excellent team---outstanding workmanship Cheers

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - modelsof1900 - 11-12-2012

Thanks again!

Joerg also has painted the Great Northern reefer that is pictured some posts before the pickle car. I think that he is a really good model train painter. (And I hope to get more models from him. However we are working together already at our next project.)

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - Ralph - 11-12-2012

That's wonderful!!! Thumbsup

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - modelsof1900 - 06-03-2013

Today one more picture of my two other pickle cars ...

[Image: heinzpicklecar_32kf.jpg]

where the painter added a few aging and weathering to models - and you see that models are more sagged as the first "new" model.
Last a picture of these cars pulled by my new digitalized Erie L-1, ...

[Image: erie-l1-angus_32k.jpg]

... taking here its first test run on a bigger modular layout at Fremo meeting in Unna/Germany - unfortunately not with a 100 percent success. However about this I will write in an extra thread later.

Thanks here to Don (Ezdays) for his great help that I could replace all these picture-urls (and in a second thread additionally) which were got lost by a server change. Thanks aagin, Don!

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - nkp_174 - 06-03-2013

That is a gorgeous car! Worship

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - IndyCity - 06-03-2013

what an impressive train.

Re: My plastic freight car challenge - modelsof1900 - 06-04-2013

IndyCity Wrote:what an impressive train.

Yes! Three cars behind a giant!
And also this 25 car train is like a toy train for this heavy and powerful engine.

But - thanks for your commendation. I will pass it down to my friend Joerg who has made a really fine paint job.