Are you addicted to your cell phone - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Are you addicted to your cell phone (/showthread.php?tid=5934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - teejay - 05-19-2013

Heck , I still use fingers and toes ..... Icon_lol

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - yellowlynn - 05-19-2013

I would like to use my fingers and toes, but nobody ever told me how many I had. I know piggies going to market, but that only covers one foot. ????

Lynn

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - eightyeightfan1 - 05-24-2013

I'm not addicted. Friends always ask if I got their text "last night". I have to keep reminding them that I don't have my phone on me 24/7, like they do.

I also asked people on break at work(kind of a social experiment) If they could live without their phones for an hour. They all said "Sure I can live without it." When I said "hand it over", they all said "Are you nuts!"
Point made.

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - tomustang - 05-24-2013

I know I can live without my phone for hours, sometimes I lose it for days Icon_lol

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - ezdays - 05-25-2013

Just a few things I find we can live without:
  • Facebook,
    Twitter,
    Linkdin,
    YouTube,
    Premium movie channels,
    Skype,
    Windows 8,
    Everything that someone comes to the door to sell us,
    and oh yeah,... a cell phone, even ones that aren't so smart.
A few things that I might find somewhat addictive and hard to do without:
  • Satellite TV,
    High speed internet access,
    Windows XP and/or Windows 7,
    A running vehicle, especially my truck,
    My N scale layout,
    Big Blue train forums,
    Email,
    Walmart,
    Target shooting in the desert,
    My wife,
    and a landline home phone with voice messaging.

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - FiatFan - 05-25-2013

Don - interesting you should mention Facebook. My wife mentioned a few days ago that this is our version of Facebook. Just my wife's 2ยข.

Tom

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - teejay - 05-25-2013

Notice how Don has his wife listed 10th Eek ......WHOOOOPS !! ....May I suggest #1 Goldth

T ( Happy Wife , Happy Life Cheers )

teejay Wrote:Notice how Don has his wife listed 10th Eek ......WHOOOOPS !! ....May I suggest #1 Goldth

T ( Happy Wife , Happy Life Cheers )

Hey, that could have been an afterthought, but these lists are in no particular order seeing as how I can do without the entire first list, and think I need everything on the second Icon_lol ..... wow, that got me out of extreme hot water, didn't it? Big Grin

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - Tyson Rayles - 05-25-2013

"wow, that got me out of extreme hot water, didn't it?"

Probably not, but good try ! You should be O.K. as long as your wife doesn't see it.

Icon_lol

Tyson Rayles Wrote:"wow, that got me out of extreme hot water, didn't it?"

Probably not, but good try ! You should be O.K. as long as your wife doesn't see it.

Icon_lol

Safe for now anyway......Remember, they say that love is blind, so I think that she would just be pleased to be on the list. Icon_lol

Did I just dig the hole a bit deeper? 35 35

Boy, am I glad she stays away from the Net.. Thumbsup

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - RobertInOntario - 05-31-2013

My son & I plus 3 of our cousins have booked a canoe trip in Algonquin Park (in northern Ontario) for a weekend in July. It will be very interesting going without my iPhone for 3 days, as there will definitely be no internet or WIFI in the back country. It will also be interesting to see how my 10-year-old son copes without any gadgets!

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - Mike Kieran - 05-31-2013

It's really scary. My wife and I will go out and see couples not talking to each other and glued to their cell phones. My wife and I have more interesting lives by our work and by always going out, yet we don't feel the need to twitter. I've found that Twitterers have horrible social/verbal skills.

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - ezdays - 05-31-2013

It'll be very interesting when some of today's teens and pre-teens hit the job market and find that a written report, proposal or other document will not use today's texting and twitter shorthand. I don't indulge and don't have young kids to worry about anymore, but I was watching something on TV the other day, and some of these abbreviations make your hair stand straight out. Eek I can just see one of these young adults trying to fill out a job application or writing a resume...There are certain protocols in the business world that do not change, regardless of how into one is into Facebook, texting, twitter, body piercing or tattooing. Nope

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - teejay - 05-31-2013

Nice " dancing " on the wife issue Don . Goldth I'm sure she's #1 in your heart just like mine is 357

There , I think we're safe !

T

Re: Are you addicted to your cell phone - ezdays - 05-31-2013

teejay Wrote:Nice " dancing " on the wife issue Don . Goldth I'm sure she's #1 in your heart just like mine is 357

There , I think we're safe !

T

No doubt about that, we're just a few days away from our 53rd anniversary so I must be doing something right. 2285_ 2285_