Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout (/showthread.php?tid=1043)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Squidbait - 03-30-2009

Over in Bob's thread about his bashed mikado, someone asked about the layout it was photographed on.

Here's some pics I've taken of the Paris Junction layout - in the Paris Junction Hobbies store.

Here's the layout as it sits in the store (the clutter and debris varies from day-to-day Wink ):

[Image: pjh-layout.jpg]

And here's the house loco, Paris Junction #101, a Bachmann GE 70 Tonner, custom-lettered by Bob:

[Image: pj101-2.jpg]

Here's 101 with my (original) Athearn pickle car. I was offered some good money for that car before Roundhouse re-issued it. At least they haven't done the Heinz one (yet!) Curse

[Image: pjh2.jpg]

Here's (one of) Bob's pride-and-joys, a Proto 2000 0-8-0 at the station (a DPM kit):

[Image: cn8410parisjunction.jpg]

Here's 101 in front of one of the nicest structures on the layout, a kitbashed foundry from Railway Design Associates:

[Image: pjh1.jpg]

Here's 8410 working the yard:

[Image: cn8400.jpg]

And one I shot just to demonstrate to someone the differences between "scale" and "gauge":

[Image: twoconsolidations.jpg]

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Bigsteel - 03-31-2009

nice pics SB,bob has a really nice in shop layout,much better than the ones im used to seeing!--josh

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - LiveSteamer - 03-31-2009

Great Pictures. Cheers

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - ocalicreek - 04-03-2009

Hey, that was me! 2285_ I was the one who asked about the layout...er...I think. Anyway, thanks for posting the pictures. Great work, Bob! Nice pics, Squidbait!

I am particularly pleased to see the ERTL/RDA foundry kitbash. I've got one of those and it really looks like a nice starting place for a kitbash. Nice work.

Galen

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - ocalicreek - 04-03-2009

Oh, and that pickle car...why didn't you put the rods in place?

That had to be one of the first really tricky Athearn kits I ever assembled. Still have it, and still think it's one of the neater cars out there. The solid side cars just don't have the same interest for me, but I do like the billboard aspect.

Someday I will have one of the Heinz 'Apple Butter' reefers...someday...

Galen

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Squidbait - 04-03-2009

Thanks Galen,

I didn't put the rods in because that car was a $2 find at a MRR swap meet - no trucks or couplers, and apparently no rods! :o

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Herc Driver - 04-03-2009

Nice trains and great looking backdrop.

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Squidbait - 04-03-2009

Herc Driver Wrote:Nice trains and great looking backdrop.

The backdrop is made by Sceniking.

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Squidbait - 04-05-2009

Here's a couple of videos I shot of Bob_Suruncle's new mike 1012 working on the store layout. It's a Spectrum Chinese 2-8-2 with a Tsunami (medium?) steam decoder and the biggest speaker Bob could wedge into the tender.

[Image: th_1012pullingout.jpg]

[Image: th_Movie.jpg]

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - shortliner - 04-06-2009

Does anyone have the size and a track plan?

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Squidbait - 04-06-2009

A few more pics.... this time from the "B" list.... I'm not really happy with them for one reason or another (incomplete backdrop, so-so focus or lighting)

Bob's 1012 in front of the RDA bashed foundry:

[Image: 1012foundry.jpg]

A Bachmann PM Berkshire pulling past the same foundry:

[Image: 1218foundry.jpg]

... and heading the other way:

[Image: 1218junction.jpg]

On a side-note, I'm really impressed with that Berk. It's a very smooth runner, the detail is good, and comes with (albeit a minimalist decoder) DCC on board for $120 CDN! If you're looking for nice-running big steam, take a look at this one.

Lastly, an Erie HH660 pushing some pickles at the pickle works:

[Image: eriepickle.jpg]

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Squidbait - 04-06-2009

shortliner Wrote:Does anyone have the size and a track plan?

Well, it's about that wide, and maybe so deep.... 357 I think it's 8' long, and maybe 18" at its deepest. As for a track plan, it started off years ago as two demonstrator modules I'd built, then Bob took 'em home and re-worked them. I don't think there was ever a fixed track plan in mind at any time.

Here's a rough guestimation of the layout:

[Image: pjhtrackplan.jpg]

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - bob_suruncle - 04-06-2009

I need to spend some more time tweaking the back EMF on that unit still....

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - shortliner - 04-07-2009

Thanks for the plan - Jack

Re: Paris Junction/Bob_Suruncle's layout - Bigsteel - 04-07-2009

love the berk Thumbsup ,but only 120 cdn? is that just the standard line? or is it spectrum? i would like to get the C&O version and rework it into a more appropriate C&O kanawha.--josh