Walthers Cornerstone Module System - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Walthers Cornerstone Module System (/showthread.php?tid=1103)

Walthers Cornerstone Module System - Trucklover - 04-15-2009

Hi guys, i just wanted to let you guys know if anyone is interested that Walthers is haveing a HUGE sale on there Cornerstone Module System kits. Normal retail is $9.98 per kit, SALE for $2.98!!

I kinda went crazy and bought a ton of them LOL, but i only spent $77.48 (plus $8.98 shipping of coarse lol)

Here is what i got:

933-3720 ~~ Peaked Roof and Base ~~ 3 kits
933-3721 ~~ Flat Roof and Base ~~ 3 kits
933-3723 ~~ Large Walls and Windows ~~ 3 kits
933-3724 ~~ Foundations and Loading Docks ~~ 4 kits
933-3725 ~~ Wall Columns and Caps ~~ 4 kits
933-3727 ~~ Large Door Wall Sections ~~ 3 kits
933-3730 ~~ Walls w/Vehicle Doors ~~ 3 kits
933-3735 ~~ Walls w/Single Windows (Metal Sash) ~~ 3 kits

25 kits in total LOL. I plan to build these and make some custom buildings out of them, large, medium and small in size, and then sell them to make a little money that i desperately need (out of a job for almost a year now Wallbang ) The hard part was finding enough money to pay for them lol

Just wanted to let anyone know who is interested that these are on sale and now is the time to pick them up if you want some cheap buildings lol

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - sgtcarl1 - 04-15-2009

Josh, Thanks for the heads up on the sale! If I read more of my e-mails, I'd have known!

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - Trucklover - 04-15-2009

sgtcarl1 Wrote:Josh, Thanks for the heads up on the sale! If I read more of my e-mails, I'd have known!

LOL

From what i hear, i guess Walthers is discontinuing the Modular Line, i dont know how true this is, and i hope its not. I hope they keep them around for a while longer

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - steinjr - 04-15-2009

Trucklover Wrote:Hi guys, i just wanted to let you guys know if anyone is interested that Walthers is haveing a HUGE sale on there Cornerstone Module System kits. Normal retail is $9.98 per kit, SALE for $2.98!!

I kinda went crazy and bought a ton of them LOL, but i only spent $77.48 (plus $8.98 shipping of coarse lol)

Here is what i got:

933-3720 ~~ Peaked Roof and Base ~~ 3 kits
933-3721 ~~ Flat Roof and Base ~~ 3 kits
933-3723 ~~ Large Walls and Windows ~~ 3 kits
933-3724 ~~ Foundations and Loading Docks ~~ 4 kits
933-3725 ~~ Wall Columns and Caps ~~ 4 kits
933-3727 ~~ Large Door Wall Sections ~~ 3 kits
933-3730 ~~ Walls w/Vehicle Doors ~~ 3 kits
933-3735 ~~ Walls w/Single Windows (Metal Sash) ~~ 3 kits

25 kits in total LOL.

Saw that too, about two weeks ago, and went about as nuts as you did. Here is what I ordered:
933-3723 Large wall & windows 9
933-3724 Foundation & loading dock 7
933-3722 Sml walls-windows-doors 5
933-3732 Wall w/sgl wind mtl sash 4
933-3725 Wall columns & caps 4
933-3730 Wall w/vehicle doors 2

Mmm - how many is that? 31 kits.

Too bad they were out of the cornerstone brick sheets (https://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3522) - or I would have ordered a pile of those as well. Won't be back in stock until June/August 2009, it seems :-/

Oh well - now they just have to build a sailing ship and transport it across the Atlantic - web site says that they shipped on April 8th, today is the 16th. I dislike waiting for stuff I need (umm - want :-))

Grin,
Stein

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - eightyeightfan1 - 04-15-2009

Its a nice system, but unlike DPM's, where you just get walls and windows, to complete a building using Walthers, you have to buy a set of foundations, walls, pillesters, crowns, seperatly to get a nice building. That can get pricey, which probably detered a lot of modellers from using it.
Thats one reason why I stayed away from the Walthers, and used only DPM.

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - sgtcarl1 - 04-15-2009

Hey, Josh! I went to their website and ordered a bunch of stuff, too. Not as much as you, but stil....Now all we have to do is figure out a way to get you paid a commission!! Thumbsup

Stein, looks like you got some nice stuff as well. im curious to get these kits and see just how much is included in each kit. Im hoping there are a few wall pieces in each kit.....

Ed, i hear you on that, thats why i wanted to order them now while they were on sale. I also tried to make sure i got all the necessary ones i could need for each building lol. Im keeping my fingers crossed i got the right stuff to make several buildings out of the 25 kits lol

Carl, Icon_lol that would be nice if i could get some commission on them

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - steinjr - 04-15-2009

eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Its a nice system, but unlike DPM's, where you just get walls and windows, to complete a building using Walthers, you have to buy a set of foundations, walls, pillesters, crowns, seperatly to get a nice building. That can get pricey, which probably detered a lot of modellers from using it.
Thats one reason why I stayed away from the Walthers, and used only DPM.

Mmm - when I look for modular pieces of DPM stuff, I find like this one: http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/243-30101 .

Seems to me like I get one single 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" DPM piece of wall for $7.29? No foundation or crown ?

In comparison, if I buy a pack of Walthers Modular kit no 3731 (http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3731), I get
4 Walls with Single Large Arched Window
1 Wall with Offset Entry Door
1 Wall with Centered Entry Door
4 Solid Brick Walls
4 Walls with Dock Door
for $2.98 on sale (normal price $9.98).

DPM has bulk packs for designers - Walthers price those at about $50. Walthers has these "three-in-one" or "four-in-one" packs.

Three-in-one kit (http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3752 ) is on sale for $19.99 (normal price $41.98) - enough parts (walls, foundations, pilasters, crowns etc to build any one of three nice industrial models.

I don't see that Walthers modulars normally is that much more expensive than the DPM modulars ? Or is there something I don't see about the DPM modulars ?

Smile,
Stein

CRUD! I should have bought one of those 3-in-1 kits lol. From what i heard, you can do 3 buildings from the kit (small, medium, and large), or one very large building. For $19.99, thats a great price. i might be ordering more of these modular kits soon anyways, ill have to order one of these as well lol. Hopefully they stay in stock for a little while longer lol

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - jglfan - 04-22-2009

Seems to me like I get one single 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" DPM piece of wall for $7.29? No foundation or crown ?

Each package of DPM wall sections contains four walls, with doors and windows as appropriate, and the pillasters needed to join them. Last time I bought them, about a year ago I think, I paid $5.98 as my LHS. I don't know if he gets them from Walthers or elsewhere, he does discount everything he gets from Walthers between 10 to 20%.

Gary

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - doctorwayne - 04-22-2009

It's easy enough to build foundations for DPM modulars (and probably Walthers, too), using .060" sheet styrene. You can leave it plain and paint it as "concrete", or scribe it to represent concrete blocks or cut stone. These aren't the best illustrations, but the only ones I could find. The DPM in the first photo is on the left:
[album]1001[/album]

Here, the foundation is much lower (and the track not yet ballasted) :oops: Misngth
[album]1002[/album]

Wayne

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - doctorwayne - 04-22-2009

Another nice thing about the DPM modular system is that the lack of a base or foundation allows you to easily form whatever shape building is necessary to fit the available real estate. This includes angled and curved walls, as seen here in National Grocers Warehouse.
[album]1004[/album]

Wayne

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - foulrift - 04-22-2009

Beautiful buildings Wayne. On my layout I used nothing but DPM wall units because that way I could build a structure that I needed for a certain area. Many of mine were built before I had a track plan so I had to alter a couple of them but all in all I liked the DPM units a lot. Bob

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - steinjr - 04-22-2009

doctorwayne Wrote:Another nice thing about the DPM modular system is that the lack of a base or foundation allows you to easily form whatever shape building is necessary to fit the available real estate. This includes angled and curved walls, as seen here in National Grocers Warehouse.

Wayne

As always, Wayne - your structures look amazing !

Btw - no offense intended to DPM ir their modular sections - I just haven't seen a pack with my own eyes, and the description on the Walthers website just shows a line drawing of one wall section, with no mention of a pack containing 4 such wall sections and pilasters.

Grin,
Stein, who finally received a _big_ cardboard box of Walthers modular sections yesterday :-)

Re: Walthers Cornerstone Module System - Trucklover - 04-22-2009

Wayne, thanks for the pointers, and i agree with Stein and Bob, your work is simply a thing of beauty!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Misngth

I received the 25 kits from Walthers today, man the box weighs like 25 pounds LOL. Time to start building and bashing Misngth