Finally... - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Finally... (/showthread.php?tid=116)

Pages: 1 2

Finally... - MountainMan - 12-14-2008

I would rather have to socialize with my ex-wife than go through that registration process again. I think I have the Reverse Midas Touch - if I touch it, it malfunctions. Wallbang

Took over a dozen or more tries before I managed to get all eight fingers and both thumbs to work together, but I'm here and it's like coming home, tempered by some sadness over the events elsewhere. (I can be PC if I have to...)

Anyway, glad to be here. It would have been lonesome without familiar "faces". Smilies are nice, too! Big Grin

Oh, nuts...I just realized I have to start all over again with a post count. Eek

Re: Finally... - Trucklover - 12-14-2008

MM Im very glad to see you found your way to the new gauge Welcome 2285_

Re: Finally... - MountainMan - 12-14-2008

Thanks! Me too. Thumbsup

Re: Finally... - Tom - 12-14-2008

Trucklover Wrote:MM Im very glad to see you found your way to the new gauge Welcome 2285_

So am I!

I know you were getting a little frustrated "over there", but was hoping you'd come on over and see the light. Cheers

Re: Finally... - MountainMan - 12-14-2008

I saw the light...but that's a long way from swimming the raging river, wrestling the bear, outrunning the skunk and finding my way over the rotting footbridge in the dark. Big Grin

Re: Finally... - Tom - 12-15-2008

MountainMan Wrote:I saw the light...but that's a long way from swimming the raging river, wrestling the bear, outrunning the skunk and finding my way over the rotting footbridge in the dark. Big Grin

Eh. It'll take a little time, but before you know it, this place will be flooded with great subjects, posts and commaraderie, it's already well on its way. Again, I'm glad you came over, we'll have some fun. Cheers

Re: Finally... - Ralph - 12-15-2008

Glad you made it over here Mountain Man! That light you saw wasn't at the end of a tunnel was it? Goldth
Ralph

Re: Finally... - MountainMan - 12-15-2008

I left thumsup permanently installed as Guardian of the Light. :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, I lost my avatar somewhere in the shuffle....sigh.... :?

Re: Finally... - Sumpter250 - 12-15-2008

Quote:Oh, nuts...I just realized I have to start all over again with a post count.
Not to worry, here, you get paid by the mile of fence, not by the post. Goldth

Have to say this, hope you understand we couldn't openly declare our purposes. I've truly been wanting to leave the other site....since before it was the other site. It's good to be back home. Good to see you here! Cheers Cheers

Re: Finally... - MountainMan - 12-15-2008

Now that I'm here I understand, but the old site isstill in shock and turmoil.

Next time I'll have more faith.

Re: Finally... - shaygetz - 12-15-2008

MountainMan Wrote:Oh, nuts...I just realized I have to start all over again with a post count. Eek

Yeah...that does kinda humble me, looking like some wayward R/C car modeler or stamp collector that got lost over that other board... 35

Re: Finally... - iis612 - 12-16-2008

MountainMan Wrote:I saw the light...but that's a long way from swimming the raging river, wrestling the bear, outrunning the skunk and finding my way over the rotting footbridge in the dark. Big Grin

Uhhhhh...does that mean that we are still finding out who is responsible for turning out that light? Icon_lol

Re: Finally... - doctorwayne - 12-16-2008

Glad you finally made it, Mountain Man. Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: Finally... - Sumpter250 - 12-16-2008

Quote:Uhhhhh...does that mean that we are still finding out who is responsible for turning out that light?

We may not have liked "the old site", but we didn't want to run up their "electric bill", so we turned off the lights.
Let them try to find us in a dark tunnel... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: Finally... - MountainMan - 12-16-2008

iis612 Wrote:

Uhhhhh...does that mean that we are still finding out who is responsible for turning out that light? Icon_lol

Nope! I left it up to the new Guardian - thumsup - to figure it out, and he swears up and down that it's working.
Thumbsup