All done - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lower Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: All done (/showthread.php?tid=1342)

Pages: 1 2

All done - KevinKrey - 06-07-2009

Well, Its been forever since anything has even been touched here in the land of the mighty maroon missabe land.

Anyway, I my last day of highschool was two weeks ago Tuesday, and my actuall Ceremony was on Mondy. Anyway, Ive been getting a ton done, (not a thing to the railroad) but Ive been looking at it. Last I checked, there was a short somewhere, and Im kinda at a stand still with what to do, a few locos need to be reprogrammed, and I have no clue how to, and I have no clue how to do any further scenry work. Im leaving for a week of 219 on Friday, but when I come back I hope to get it running again. Now that Im done with school, I have a lot more time to mess with it. Just havent been around much and wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone.

Re: All done - Ralph - 06-07-2009

1990_dancing Congratulations Kevin!
Ralph

Re: All done - KevinKrey - 06-07-2009

Thanks Ralph! Im glad for the most part, a little bit worried at what will happen, and also kinda mad at myself. But like I say, Im glad with it overall.

Re: All done - nomad - 06-07-2009

Way to go Kevin ! 2285_

Loren

Re: All done - KevinKrey - 06-07-2009

Thanks Loren!

Re: All done - Trucklover - 06-07-2009

Kevin, good for you!!! Doesnt it feel great to be done with school? LOL i had that feeling 2 years ago, and i still need to get my butt into college LOL

Look forward to some updates and new pics of your progressing layout!! Cheers Misngth

Re: All done - railroader9731 - 06-07-2009

Congrats Kevin Waveof7 Dancing

Re: All done - upnick - 06-08-2009

Hi Kevin,

Congrats 2285_ Big Grin sure we can help you here with the layout now you have more time.

Re: All done - Sumpter250 - 06-08-2009

High school graduation. . . CONGRATULATIONS!

I'd say I remember what that was like, but that was 48 years ago, and I seem to be having some slight problems with memory . . . most of it has become "write only" Misngth
With the current "workforce situation", I can only this wish. May fortune favor you.

Re: All done - MadModeler - 07-12-2009

Sumpter250 Wrote:High school graduation. . . CONGRATULATIONS!

I'd say I remember what that was like, but that was 48 years ago, and I seem to be having some slight problems with memory . . . most of it has become "write only" Misngth
With the current "workforce situation", I can only this wish. May fortune favor you.

I don't feel so bad now. My graduation was 24 years ago. :o

Congratulations KevinKrey. Waveof7

Good luck in your future endeavours and may the track problems be quickly solved.

Re: All done - sgtcarl1 - 07-13-2009

Okay, so I'm a little late with this (actually more than a little,) but congratulations, Kevin!! I remember what fun I had at the ceremony. The speakers kept turning around and telling me to shut up!! I was sitting between a set of twin girls, very cute, too. I kept them cracking up over my comments about the speaker's remarks!! That was in 1960. I had already enlisted in the Army, so I wasn't too concerned about my future. You may want to consider a stint in the military, I reccommend the Air Force,) as an option. They will pay you while you attend college, which they will also pay for.

Re: All done - Herc Driver - 07-13-2009

Good for you!!! You'll get lots of advice about what to do with your future...take it all in and think it over. It comes from years of experience, learning from both good and bad choices, and plenty of almost-errors and almost-successes. The best thing you can do is listen to it all and think if over. Then decide for yourself. If you can, do something you like and interests you. There's college? Industry? Military? Business? There's something out there just right for you to either start a career, or acquire the skills to begin a career in the future.

Re: All done - KevinKrey - 07-18-2009

Thabnks guys! Wasnt expecting any more "action" on this thread. Misngth For future plans, Im going to go to A local college for carpentry. Unfortunately I just found out that I cant start till next June, so I have a few months here of not knowing what to do. I want to go to school for firefighting and hopefully soon get my CDL, if I had the money Id go for the CDL or take care of my EMS right now, but without the money to do them all it looks like Ill just start looking for a job for the next few months. But I have no clue where.

Re: All done - sgtcarl1 - 07-18-2009

Kevin, looks like you have already made plans for your future!! Firfighter's training and EMS!! Can't think of better choices!!
Best of luck to you!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: All done - KevinKrey - 07-19-2009

sgtcarl1 Wrote:Kevin, looks like you have already made plans for your future!! Firfighter's training and EMS!! Can't think of better choices!!
Best of luck to you!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Thanks! Yea, my plan is to move out of the city, get a job in construction and be a vol. firefighter.