Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Real World (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: US Rails (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR (/showthread.php?tid=1428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - FCIN - 03-13-2011

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - LiveSteamer - 03-14-2011

Great pictures guys. Ed do you have anyother pictures of NS 4270 and the rest of the train?

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - csiguy68 - 03-14-2011

Great photos ED Thumbsup

Todd

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - FCIN - 03-14-2011

Here's a couple more shots of the NS Derby Special that I have. I must apologize for the poor quality as these were all scanned off 35mm prints and were taken before I got a good digital camera. It's the annual NS Kentucky Derby Special that they run every every year, so she'll be back before the first Saturday in May. I know that I took more photos of the train that day as we followed it along, but then realized that I've never had the prints developed! It's a crap shoot around here to get print photos developed and get good results.

Here's a couple more odds and ends that I've caught on NS here in the past year or so....

Hey Ed that is fine. Would you mind if I used them on NS Cyclopedia? I have been trying to see if anyone had photo's of them and your the first one to come up with them. Please let me know.

Great Photo's by the way.

Matt;

I'm sure you could find better shots, but feel free to use anything I've posted on here. I'm lucky to live so close to such a very busy NS line (actually two of them) and we often get some interesting stuff coming through here.

P.S. - I'll look through my digital photos and see if I have anything you could use on your website and will be happy to send them to you if you like.

FCIN Wrote:Matt;

I'm sure you could find better shots, but feel free to use anything I've posted on here. I'm lucky to live so close to such a very busy NS line (actually two of them) and we often get some interesting stuff coming through here.

P.S. - I'll look through my digital photos and see if I have anything you could use on your website and will be happy to send them to you if you like.

The photo's are great shots Ed. My and Todd ( csiguy68 ) came up with the idea for the website and both agreed that whoever wants to have their photo's on there, good or bad are more than welcome. I live near the Pittsburgh line here in PA and the CSX Johnstown Branch ( former B&O. So I also see some interesting stuff. I am glad you said I could use your photo's. I have not updated the website for awhile due to family things happening and getting things ready for our second girl to arrive this week.

Now about the photo's. You can send them to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:plfd37@yhoo.com">plfd37@yhoo.com</a><!-- e --> that is my secondary email I use. I plan on making a logo out of NS 4270. Should be a good one. Goldth

Thanks for letting me use your photo's. Even if you have older loco shots that would be great too.

Matt;

Just sent you 24 NS photos (in a ZIP) file. Hope you can use them...

Ed

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - LiveSteamer - 03-15-2011

FCIN Wrote:Matt;

Just sent you 24 NS photos (in a ZIP) file. Hope you can use them...

Ed

I got the Ed. Thank you. I will use all the photo's. I was going to go to altoona to see if I could catch NS 999 but you already got a picture so I will use it. Again thank you.

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - bdw9535 - 03-16-2011

Power for NS 66K, the stone train for Southern RR of NJ, at the siding Winslow, NJ 3/11/11

Bruce

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - LiveSteamer - 03-16-2011

nice shot bruce.

well everyone to let you all know, i am a proud father again of a 6 pound 4 ounce 18 inch long babygirl. she was born at 2:42 yesterday afternoon. she actually weights more that her sister did when she was born. she does not know what to do yet seeing another baby. she did get jealous when i held her baby sister but that is to be expected. it will take sometime for her to get used to her.

i do.plan on not ignoring her and also am going to take her out to watch some trains before brandy and the baby come home. well off to bed, have a good one guys and gals. will post pictures this weekend for all to see the new addition to the miller family. Cheers

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - FCIN - 03-17-2011

LiveSteamer Wrote:i am a proud father again of a 6 pound 4 ounce 18 inch long babygirl.
Congratulations! 2285_

No greater feeling in the world then to be a new proud father!

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - faraway - 03-17-2011

LiveSteamer Wrote:... she was born at 2:42 yesterday afternoon....
Congratulations! Today is the perfect day to start with her first layout... Big Grin

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - LiveSteamer - 03-17-2011

Thanks guys. we should be able to bring her home tomorrow. will post pictures when we get home. have a safe night everyone

Re: Railfanning Norfolk Southern RR - Ralph - 03-17-2011

Congrats indeed!!!! Best wishes to you all!
Ralph