" Post Count " - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Back Shop (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Remembering Our Fallen Flag Members (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Sumpter250 (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Thread: " Post Count " (/showthread.php?tid=166)

Pages: 1 2

" Post Count " - Sumpter250 - 12-15-2008

Yes, I am an "Executive Vice President of Biogas Tecnology" ( old fart ) Join Date: Jan 2002
In 2002, I was just getting "online", and in another model railroad forum, which shall go "unnamed", when someone there posted "check this site out!"
That was January of 2002, I've been here ever since. What attracted me to stay, was the friendly "give and take", the variety of information, without the "whining" about dislikes, and the ability to directly upload pictures without having to first go to a "hosting service".
As you can see above, my "post count" had reached a respectable level, and now is less than 100...........and???
I would hope that all who make this their "home" would come to feel that friendship, exchange of ideas, techniques, the acquiring of new skills, the storehouse of modeling, and prototype information, and the camaraderie that being part of this hobby creates, would be enough.
A "post count" of less than 100 doesn't make me any less a modelbuilder. It doesn't make me any less a model railroader, it doesn't make me any less willing to share ideas, or knowledge of materials, or techniques......I would hope that it is what we share here, that really matters. Whether you have posted "once in a blue moon", or a hundred times a day, if you've contributed something to the betterment of all here, you are valued.
Yes, I am an "Executive Vice President of Biogas Tecnology" ( old fart ), and I've said all I have to say........

for now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Icon_twisted :mrgreen:

Re: " Post Count " - Trucklover - 12-15-2008

Stumper, i think what you just said is perfect, post counts dont count for anything. I was nearing 4,500 posts on the old forum, yes i miss it, but thats not what is important to me. What is is having a new GREAT place to be, with so much knowledge from people who in my opinion. are the best modelers in the hobby. All that matters to me is that, we, yes WE have our own forum now, like it was before, and i truly think this forum was and still is the best place to be on the web.

Re: " Post Count " - nomad - 12-15-2008

I am glad to see this. On another forum I belong to, there is a person who post nonsense just to get his "count" up. Very aggravating.
I would hate to see that here.

Loren

Re: " Post Count " - nachoman - 12-15-2008

Starting over is about more than post counts...

I'll be about at post 600 before I finally get around to uploading another avitar Popcornbeer Icon_lol Icon_lol

ps These smilies are rather obnoxious Shoot

Re: " Post Count " - LynnB - 12-15-2008

One thing nice about a low post count to start is we all are the same and equal and no matter how much we think we know we do know that there's is always something new to learn from others with the same caliber count( post count). Welcome

Re: " Post Count " - nolatron - 12-16-2008

I always say, "Quality over Quantity"

Re: " Post Count " - ezdays - 12-16-2008

nolatron Wrote:I always say, "Quality over Quantity"
Yup, we had people over at the old forum that would post "non-content", just to get their post count up. Some of the pending rules that CG had for all their forums specified how to deal with posts like that, a for people that "bump"... Hey, to each their own, everyone knows when someone is trying to look good without adding information.

Re: " Post Count " - yellowlynn - 12-16-2008

I can't say much of anythjing about that. I don't tjhink I even reached 800 in over 7 years. I reckon as how that just makes me one of those "sneaky LURKERS" I prefer to think of myself as one of those that sit back and try to keep a lid on this WILD BUNCH. Shoot Misngth

Lynn

Re: " Post Count " - mooreway - 12-16-2008

nolatron Wrote:I always say, "Quality over Quantity"
I am always inspired by the quality content by my friends here. It is so neat to see the range of talents that members have and share in this hobby. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. I just hope I can add some inspiration to others with the few posts I add .

Re: " Post Count " - nolatron - 12-16-2008

Another thing I see quite often are "general chat" areas excluded from your posts count. This way only actual hobby related forum posts get counted, and all of the constant off topic chatter isn't (like this thread for example would not add to your post count).

Re: " Post Count " - Dave Harris sctchbld - 12-17-2008

nomad Wrote:I am glad to see this. On another forum I belong to, there is a person who post nonsense just to get his "count" up. Very aggravating.
I would hate to see that here.

Loren

Cheers
Why thats just nonsense, nonsense I say & if this does not get the point across I'll post it a dozen more times!! 2285_ 2285_

Re: " Post Count " - MountainMan - 12-18-2008

Executive Vice President of Biogas Technology? Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Re: " Post Count " - FiatFan - 12-19-2008

yellowlynn Wrote:I can't say much of anythjing about that. I don't tjhink I even reached 800 in over 7 years. I reckon as how that just makes me one of those "sneaky LURKERS" I prefer to think of myself as one of those that sit back and try to keep a lid on this WILD BUNCH. Shoot Misngth

Lynn
If you want to talk lurker, I was there 4 1/2 years and had less than 200 posts. I guess I'm not a talker (typer?) but I certainly enjoy the group here. Thank you all for tolerating me.

Tom

Re: " Post Count " - Trucklover - 12-19-2008

Ive been here no longer then any of the other members here (besides the Mikey, Don, Pat, and the mods), joining December 14th, 2008, the day when i got the email from Mikey and Don about the new gauge, and im already up to 267 posts, do i need to slow down? Eek Icon_lol

But seriously, i cannot thank Mikey and Don and Pat for all there extremely hard work they have put into this new forum, i really appreciate it and am very proud to call this place my home. This is the best Christmas present that i could ever get from people i have never met but call my friends on the internet. I just wish i could give something to all of you guys to show my appreciation for the things you guys have done in the past few weeks, as well as the years i have been a member here with the gauge. It really means alot to me

Re: " Post Count " - ngauger - 12-19-2008

Trucklover Wrote:Ive been here no longer then any of the other members here (besides the Mikey, Don, Pat, and the mods), joining December 14th, 2008, the day when i got the email from Mikey and Don about the new gauge, and im already up to 267 posts, do i need to slow down? Eek Icon_lol

But seriously, i cannot thank Mikey and Don and Pat for all there extremely hard work they have put into this new forum, i really appreciate it and am very proud to call this place my home. This is the best Christmas present that i could ever get from people i have never met but call my friends on the internet. I just wish i could give something to all of you guys to show my appreciation for the things you guys have done in the past few weeks, as well as the years i have been a member here with the gauge. It really means alot to me

You just did... Thanks!! That makes us feel Great when we hear things like that!!!