Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Shutterbug area (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? (/showthread.php?tid=202)

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 06-04-2010

We allow covered wagons to replace each other freely too, but just for your info, the BN unit is an E9.
Charlie

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - P5se Camelback - 06-04-2010

Oops! My bad! Guess these tired old eyes didn't look closely enough! Sorry! :? :oops: 35

Not really being a diesel guy, I often get confused by "spotting" features. Back in junior high school, my model railroad friend and I used to disparagingly call them "Large Moldy Diesels." Big Grin 357

I'm going to have to dig out my first edition Diesel Spotter's Guide and keep it next to the laptop so I don't make such an embarrassing mistake again! :? :oops:

Please forgive me! Popcornbeer 219

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - viperman - 06-04-2010

I can reply to the F7 posted on the last page with this:

[Image: IRM-24.jpg]

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - andersley - 06-04-2010

I can't do F-units. Sad

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 06-04-2010

P5se Camelback Wrote:Oops! My bad! Guess these tired old eyes didn't look closely enough! Sorry! :? :oops: 35

Not really being a diesel guy, I often get confused by "spotting" features. Back in junior high school, my model railroad friend and I used to disparagingly call them "Large Moldy Diesels." Big Grin 357

I'm going to have to dig out my first edition Diesel Spotter's Guide and keep it next to the laptop so I don't make such an embarrassing mistake again! :? :oops:

Please forgive me! Popcornbeer 219
Didn't want to embarass you, the trucks are the real telling feature, and they are too dark to see. Now if you can tell an E8 from an E9 you are quite a guy.
Charlie

Western Allegheny, Kaylor, Pa 1981
Charlie

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - P5se Camelback - 06-05-2010

PRR E8's at Narberth, PA, where I once had an apartment right across the street from the station ... railfanning was pretty easy!

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 06-09-2010

No one else playing. Somewhere in the Chicago area, May 1980.
Charlie

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - P5se Camelback - 06-09-2010

FP9 RDG #902 and F7 CNJ #5657 at Jim Thorpe (nee Mauch Chunk,) PA

[Image: RdgFP9902CNJF75657resized.jpg]

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Gary S - 06-10-2010

It occurs to me that the only good thing about an F7 is that they can be converted into CF7s!! 357

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 06-10-2010

Gary S Wrote:It occurs to me that the only good thing about an F7 is that they can be converted into CF7s!! 357
Had the government not outlawed them for switching CF7's would never have been built.

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Gary S - 06-10-2010

Charlie, I did not realize that it was a goverment regulation that prompted ATSF to convert all those F7s. Thanks for that info.

I've just never been a fan of the "full-bodied" Fs or Es. I prefer the Geeps and geep look-alikes.

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Ralph - 06-10-2010

I love F7s and am happy to see any posted! 357
Ralph

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 06-10-2010

How about an FP7, PC summer of 1976
Charlie

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Ralph - 06-10-2010

Oh yeah! That'll do just fine, thank you! Worship Worship Worship Couple of GP9s behind it?
Ralph