Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Shutterbug area (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? (/showthread.php?tid=202)

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - P5se Camelback - 06-20-2010

Oooooooo! That's a tasty one, Charlie! Thumbsup
A case of Tastykakes to you for that one! Big Grin Cheers :!:

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - andersley - 07-10-2010

We seem to have come to a grinding halt again. :| Anyone have a picture linked to the last one?

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - P5se Camelback - 07-10-2010

O.K. ... I'll stick my neck out again and leave myself open for unkind comments regarding the Lehigh Susquehanna & Western's choice of motive power ...

I give you my latest locomotive acquisition ... an Overland Reading Class D8sd Camelback 4-4-0 American ... isn't she cute?!!

[Image: ReadingD8sd4-4-0Camelback-rightside.jpg]

[Image: ReadingD8sd4-4-0Camelback-leftside-.jpg]

She will be the LS&W's smallest locomotive ... work assignments are unidentified as of this time ...

Edit: Changed "Atlantic" to "American" .... I already have a pair of "Atlantics" and this is no "Atlantic"!

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - cn nutbar - 07-10-2010

I give you my latest locomotive acquisition ... an Overland Reading Class D8sd Camelback 4-4-0 Atlantic ... isn't she cute?!!

Hello biL---she's more than cute---she's a real beauty---congrats on your new acquisition Cheers

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 07-10-2010

Hi Nutbar, good to see you post.
I'll play off Bil's Reading unit with no number......RDG 3651, a GP35, westbound on a caboose hop in 1977 under the new Brookdale Ave. bridge in East Palestine, 1977. They old bridge was a PC derailment victim. It was only 70 years old, this "new " bridge is down to a 2 ton load limit and they are hunting money to replace it.
Charlie

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - e-paw - 07-10-2010

Nice Camel Bil. Cheers

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - P5se Camelback - 07-10-2010

Typical latterday Reading Company ... faded paint, open doors on the hood sides ... the head end brakeman is probably taking a quick nap in the cab ...

... caboose hop? It looks like some sort of railfan trip or a poor man's passenger train ... I've seen caboose hops before , Pete, however it's only been two, maybe three cabooses ... That's a covey of cabooses right there!

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - andersley - 07-11-2010

GP35, Bakersfield, February 1998

[Image: 12ng1w.jpg]

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Justinmiller171 - 07-11-2010

Geep with a Southern Pacifc-Santa Fe Paint-Scheme at the Western Pacifc Railroad Museum.

[Image: HPIM4137.jpg?t=1278837490]

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 07-15-2010

Conrail GP35 2364. Jan. 1978 at the State Line Road crossing , East Palestine, Ohio

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - cn nutbar - 07-15-2010

Another great shot Charlie---that's an interesting water tower in the background.Here's CN GP35 #9317 taken at Bayview many years ago

[Image: CN9317.jpg]

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - Charlie B - 07-15-2010

[quote="cn nutbar"]Another great shot Charlie---that's an interesting water tower in the background.Here's CN GP35 #9317 taken at Bayview many years ago

quote]
Yes, the plant closed in the 80's and the tower is gone too.
Charlie

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - cn nutbar - 07-17-2010

Here's CN GP35 #9317 taken at Bayview many years ago
[Image: CN9317.jpg][/quote]

Sorry---after some research,I found out #9317 is a GP40 :oops: 35 35 35 .I'm in the penalty box until further notice

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - andersley - 07-17-2010

No complaints from me - I love that CN striped scheme! And really like the Draper Taper units like the one behind. Thumbsup

Re: Would anyone be interested in the "Photography Game" here? - andersley - 07-17-2010

How about a grubby (what else?) SP GP40-2 at Woodford in February 1998.

[Image: 12llp2.jpg]