Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 06-19-2011

Ralph Wrote:VERY effective Charlie! The waterfall looks like white churning water to me! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Thanks Ralph, but this is the easiest thing I've done yet. We will see what it looks like when it is done under the trestle.

I hope to see the PC covered hopper 888888 pulling into your new grain facility soon.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Ralph - 06-20-2011

Charlie B Wrote:
Ralph Wrote:VERY effective Charlie! The waterfall looks like white churning water to me! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Thanks Ralph, but this is the easiest thing I've done yet. We will see what it looks like when it is done under the trestle.

I hope to see the PC covered hopper 888888 pulling into your new grain facility soon.
Charlie

That would be an easy car to decal! Goldth

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 07-13-2011

Time for a little picture update, nothing real exciting as far as layout work, just filling in some scenery and installing a few decoders.
Here is a picture comparing where I was exactly one year ago today to one of the same area I took today.    
I am content.
Many thanks to all of you for the encouragement you have given me. It has kept me at it, and other than upkeep around the place, It is my only job...I love retirement Goldth

Here are a couple more of the same area. Just different angles.    
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Gary S - 07-15-2011

I'm ready to retire too!

Everything is looking good, Charlie.

Re: Charlie b's layout - nachoman - 07-15-2011

That's a lot of good work in a year. I bet the visitors to your house are anxious to see the progress every time they come over.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 10-02-2011

Hello group.

Time for a little update. I have been working on small things and it is coming together.
Here is an overall view of the center of the layout.    
I have been making and adding ground foam, adding some trees and grass, and working on the little things like crossing protection, roads, and a few buildings.                
Still years of fun left, but I'm really looking forward to the time I can get to really doing the small details.
I think this winter I'll work on the signal system and install some more decoders.
I have been wasting too much time running trains. Goldth
My wife and I had a party for all our friends that are involved with the Samoyeds. We had 25 people and 20 dogs in attendance. The farthest guest was from Sydney. We had folks from all over the eastern half of the US, and one lady from Kansas City, Mo.
I spent a lot of time preparing for this party, and we had a great time. I was requested to run trains for them so everyone took pictures and had a great time. It is so much fun to awe folks that aren't in the hobby. They aren't jaded like we are. ( Misngth ) I'm kidding guys.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Will_Annand - 10-02-2011

The layout looks great, nicely done Charles.

Re: Charlie b's layout - Sumpter250 - 10-02-2011

Charlie wrote: " It is so much fun to awe folks that aren't in the hobby. They aren't jaded like we are. ( Misngth ) I'm kidding guys. "

I may be a bit green about the edges, but I'm not jaded ---. . . . . . . . . --- yet

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted

Great looking layout !!

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 10-02-2011

Great progress, Charlie, but it makes me feel slothful by comparison. Icon_lol I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it person again.

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - faraway - 10-02-2011

Charlie B Wrote:...Time for a little update. I have been working on small things...

Ok, that are small things (in Ohio). I will never ask for the big things.... Wink

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 10-02-2011

Very nice!

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 10-03-2011

Charlie---your train room gets better and better as time goes on.I really like the skirting that you've added under the layout---a great way to hide all that extra stuff that we all seem to accumulate---I'm planning on using the same idea on my layout (eventually).

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 10-03-2011

The skirting actually became a work saver as well as a stimulant to get something done. We had rain all day today so I got to work in the train room. Over the last week I made and installed 136 feet of 2 1/2 inch shelves and laid all my old brass sectional track that has accumulated on them, then I was able to get most of my "vintage" (non runable junk I can't bare to part with Goldth )stuff out of boxes and on display        

So with the rain today, I mixed several batches of Durabond and worked on a cliff that runs between the main and the short line railroad below it.        
So a little more is accomplished.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 10-04-2011

Looking good Charlie, really dwarfs my puny little 6' by 28" postage stamp sized layout! Icon_lol

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 10-10-2011

I was able to clear the west side of the layout and I got the sky painted on the backdrops. I am going to have to take a ride and find some hillside village that I can use to put on the back drop before I do the town scene that will run around the inside of the curve.            
I haven't been able to find a scene that I think suitable for my purpose. I might have to do some railfanning while I'm at it. Goldth
Charlie