Charlie b's layout - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Branchline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Forum: Layouts (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Charlie b's layout (/showthread.php?tid=2463)

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 08-02-2013

Nice shot! Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 08-06-2013

I worked on another section of the layout these past few days. If this keeps up I won't have any room left for my stuff. As Carlin said...My stuff is stuff, your stuff is .....well, stuff. Goldth
The foundry building is a kitbash of the Novelty Iron Works from IHC.
Here we see the local placing a car with gears to be refurbished.    
The locomotive is backing out of the siding but the truck managed to block the picture, Murphy at work.    
I managed a better angle and caught the locomotive.    
And another shot as they head for the main.    
And they have just cleared a crossing and have to stop to await clearance from the operator .

Re: Charlie b's layout - Ralph - 08-06-2013

Ops shots!!! Excellent! Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - nachoman - 08-06-2013

That last photo - AMAZING!

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 08-07-2013

Nice modeling and pics! Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 08-10-2013

Hi Charlie---your attention to detail really stands out in the last shot---the trackwork,ballast,roads,scenery,vehicles and of course the train all add to a very realistic scene Thumbsup

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 08-28-2013

I made the trip to pick up my styrene yesterday, and it was raining today so I couldn't work on my truck, so I worked on this structure.    
I have to do some painting and install the stairs and lights and it should look pretty good.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 09-13-2013

I found some steps from Central Valley and made the platforms from .060 Styrene. The railings came with the stairs, and the uprights are H beam from Evergreen.
The lights are made from 3mm LED's and the shades are sequins that I used a 3mm leather punch to make the holes.    
I still have to put more lights on and inside and railings as well as the discharge tube for loading, and of course paint and weathering.
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 09-13-2013

Lookin' good, Charlie. Thumbsup Thumbsup Can't wait to see it in person. Wink Goldth

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - cn nutbar - 09-13-2013

Wish I could join the party but the Mrs. has other plans---how does that old saying go : "happy wife,happy life"

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 09-13-2013

At the rate I'm going it won't be this visit. I have never built anything like this as there is a lot of scratch building of components involved. I am not an artist but I am trying to learn patience, which has been one of my downfalls. If I can force myself to realise there is no hurry I could probably start more projects that would enhance the appearance of the layout. Thanks for the encouragement
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - Charlie B - 09-14-2013

I have had a couple good days on the silo building and managed to get some roof coating on my RV. Another coat in the morning and that is done. The silos still need some hand guard rails and the loading tube. I have really enjoyed this project. I am amazed at what you can do when you just take your time.                
Charlie

Re: Charlie b's layout - doctorwayne - 09-15-2013

Very impressive, Charlie, and that stairway really sets it off nicely. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Re: Charlie b's layout - Tyson Rayles - 09-15-2013

Great job on the silos Charlie! Cheers

Re: Charlie b's layout - e-paw - 09-15-2013

Good stuff. Cheers