1920s Trucks - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: HO Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: 1920s Trucks (/showthread.php?tid=29)

1920s Trucks - MasonJar - 12-04-2008

A couple of 1920s-era trucks. Bashed from Roco's WW2 Russian Army Trucks. They are a great stand in for late 1920s and early 1930s Dodge and Ford trucks.

First one is modified by removing the "canvas" and adding a driver's side mirror. Barrel in the back is scratched from a section of 1/4" dowel and some wine bottle foil.

[album]1094[/album]
[album]1095[/album]

With this one, I got a little more adventuresome... The B.F. David Coal Company sign is from my collection of signs and lettering. The truck mirror is a little more heavy duty (made from a drop grab and piece of styrene), the coal is real coal, crushed to size, and the shovel and wheelbarrow come from a MOW flat kit from Athearn. The mudflaps visible in the second picture are hung on a piece of music wire, and are made from aluminum foil.

[album]1092[/album]
[album]1093[/album]

Andrew

Re: 1920s Trucks - tompm - 12-04-2008

Nice looking!

I really like the second truck with the sign and coal load!

Re: 1920s Trucks - MasonJar - 12-04-2008

Thanks Tom!

Posting the pics was just a quick experiement to see if I could get the hang of the gallery and the [img] tags. So-so on the first, and yes on the second...! Wink

The first truck was my first work with the Roco models, so was not as detailed as the second. I am now on the fourth, and have completely reworked it... More to come.

Andrew

Re: 1920s Trucks - Ralph - 12-04-2008

Those are nifty Andrew! Very nice looking!
Ralph

Re: 1920s Trucks - doctorwayne - 12-04-2008

Great job on those trucks, Andrew. I wish that I could find them around here - perhaps I'll order some next visit to the LHS. They're perfect for my '30s-era layout, even better than the early '20s Macks and Packards from Jordan.

Wayne

Re: 1920s Trucks - MasonJar - 12-05-2008

Thanks again guys for the kinds words...! Smile

Wayne - My LHS could not order them, not even back order. The guy who asked me to do these got them at John's Camera Shop on The Danforth in Toronto (I think). Apparently it's a relatively well known camera and hobby shop, although I hadn't heard of them, and can't find much on the Internet... Must be one of those old-fashioned brick-n-mortar stores... Wink Big Grin

Andrew

Re: 1920s Trucks - UP SD40-2 - 12-05-2008

Andrew, GREAT JOB on those trucks Wink , the second one really knocked my socks off Big Grin .

Re: 1920s Trucks - eightyeightfan1 - 12-05-2008

Roco. I thought they were Jordans!

Re: 1920s Trucks - Catt - 12-11-2008

Not bad for such large trucks :mrgreen:

Re: 1920s Trucks - Dave Harris sctchbld - 12-16-2008

Nice looking trucks Ralph!! Now, how about telling me how to post pics while you are here? Please, I can't find the instructions. Wallbang

Re: 1920s Trucks - MasonJar - 12-16-2008

Thanks guys...! (Dave - they're mine, not Ralph's... Wink Big Grin)

As for posting, what is the difficulty? Are you getting stuck at a certain step, or just completely stumped?

What I did for my truck photos is to create my own gallery. By clicking on "Gallery" (near the top right of each page) you are taken to your own space where you can either upload the photos directly, or create subalbums to further organize your photos.

I then copy the url that goes with each photo, and paste it into the message, using the [img] tags to make it show up.

Usually it's best to have two windows open at once - one for the message you want to post, and one with your gallery.

Hope that helps. I'll see if we can't come up with some sort of tutorial to explain it all...

Andrew

Re: 1920s Trucks - Santa Fe Du - 12-16-2008

Very Impressive Work, they do look very American Early Vintage Ford, as a note of intrest, In the mid 1930's Ford sold the Russians the rights and forging Dies etc. for the "Model A Ford 4 Banger Engine",and the Russians used them in their Jeeps and some light trucks through the mid 1950's, including the Speedometer Bezel and a few other items.

Santa Fe Du, "Keep On Tootin"

Re: 1920s Trucks - Steamtrains - 12-19-2008

Those are really niffty looking trucks.....Show us s'more.... Thumbsup