HO Tour Car Pictures - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Anniversary Car Tours (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: HO Big Blue Car Tour (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: HO Tour Car Pictures (/showthread.php?tid=3822)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Mike Kieran - 01-09-2012

doctorwayne Wrote:Swimmin' wit' da fishes, huh? Dem guys shoulda gotta holda e-paw: he's got enuff cement cars, dey coulda made him a custom-fitted cement overcoat an' matchin' boots. Ya wanna look sharp, ya gotta go wit' custom fitted! Wink

Wayne (in the Witness Protection Program)

I was in the Witness Protection Program. It's like Bar Mitzvah for us Italians. Icon_lol

Green Elite Cab,
I love the pictures, especially the guy floating underwater beneath the pier. Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Worship Worship Worship

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Sumpter250 - 01-09-2012

Mike Kieran Wrote:By the way, I got a strange pair of shoes sent to me from the Corleone Shoe Company. They feel awfully heavy. At least they're not ticking 35 .

I'd say........ that's concrete evidence that one should be careful of what they say and to whom they say it! Eek Icon_twisted 357

Sumpter250 Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:By the way, I got a strange pair of shoes sent to me from the Corleone Shoe Company. They feel awfully heavy. At least they're not ticking 35 .

I'd say........ that's concrete evidence that one should be careful of what they say and to whom they say it! Eek Icon_twisted 357

Or else we end up like the guy under the pier in GEC's pics. Cheers

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Mr Fixit - 01-09-2012

It would appear that "our" HO Tour Car has fallen in with a bad crowd of 'Seedy Dubious Types'. Which raises the issue; Does someone at Big Blue have underworld 'connections'?
Or have we been infiltrated by one of the 'Families'?
I thought it strange that such a well maintained and obvious boxcar as 'Big Blue' would be used by people who shy away from attention.
Does this help to explain why 'Big Blue' has not been 'tagged' or received graffiti artwork.

The answer I think lies in the name 'Big Blue', how easy is it to talk in simple code about the progress of a shipment of 'merchandise,' if you only have to refer to it as 'Big Blue'.

Maybe the 'Law' need to check on the contents and consignment notice of 'Big Blue' as part of the 'moider' investigation.
Mark

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Green_Elite_Cab - 01-10-2012

In a much friendlier part of Jersey....

A trio of Conrail diesels pull into town...

[Image: p1091577.jpg]

[Image: p1091578.jpg]

[Image: p1091579.jpg]

looks like the Gauge car made it out in on piece!

[Image: p1091580.jpg]

Rolling by

[Image: p1091581.jpg]

[Image: p1091582.jpg]

Set aside on the interchange

[Image: p1091586.jpg]

A commuter train consisting of a pair of St Louis Car works Silverliner IIIs depart from the station.

[Image: p1091591.jpg]

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Sumpter250 - 01-10-2012

When I agreed to build the HO, and N scale tour cars, my thoughts were to help Big Blue continue, by generating some amount of revenue to help pay the expenses.
Little did I know or think about "the story", and the amount of great photos they would generate, and this HO car certainly has an already "quite colorful" history, with yet more to follow, before it returns here, for auction.
The reward for the simple act of building these cars, could not have been paid in any greater "currency" than what I have received by seeing where, when, and how their stories have evolved, and I could never have had a "railfan trip", as excellent as this one is......and it isn't over yet!
My thanks to all who have been part of this journey, and to those yet to be part of it.

G.E.C, Great photos !! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Green_Elite_Cab - 01-24-2012

I'll have more pictures tomorrow, but for now, The Gauge Car is on the move! It will be in the mail tommorow morning. Also got plenty of video to edit together.

[Image: p1151634.jpg]

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Green_Elite_Cab - 01-25-2012

The Gauge car has been sorted into the next train to depart the yard.

[Image: p1241709cropped.jpg]

[Image: p1241710.jpg]

The day's power, a U23B and GP40-2, pull out of the engine track to pick up the cars.

[Image: p1241711cropped.jpg]

[Image: p1241717cropped.jpg]

A GG1 rests nearby, having arrived a few hours prior

[Image: p1241721cropped.jpg]

The local departs.

[Image: p1241727cropped.jpg]

[Image: p1241728cropped.jpg]

The local passes the Magic Pan Bakery Siloes, the mornign sun shining through

[Image: p1241735cropped.jpg]

The gauge car passes the old Commuter station

[Image: p1241739.jpg]

As the freight passes, a dinky commuter run approaches (wish i had the photo editting skills to "stack" these photos!

[Image: p1241740.jpg]

[Image: p1241741.jpg]

They pass, no doubt with a startling woosh for the commuters in the former Reading Company Silverliner IV

[Image: p1241744cropped.jpg]

[Image: p1241745cropped.jpg]

The local prepares to drop cars off, including The Gauge car

[Image: p1241748.jpg]

[Image: p1241754cropped.jpg]

[Image: p1241756.jpg]

#9337 shoves The Gauge car up to Magic Pan's loading bays, to take on a load of industrial strength delicious cake.

[Image: p1241765.jpg]

[Image: p1241763.jpg]

An E33 hums by while The Gauge boxcar is being loaded. Workers made a final inspection to be sure the ar contained no dirt or residual odor, just to be safe. Industrial strength delicious cake is impervious to most forms of contamination, but try telling the FDA that! Gotta follow protocol!

[Image: p1241759.jpg]

[Image: p1241762.jpg]

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - ngauger - 01-26-2012

Great Pics!! I Love the Silverliners Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 01-26-2012

And the story continues. Industrial strength delicious cake? Sounds dangerously good

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - jglfan - 02-02-2012

So I've received a carload of industrial strength delicious cake. Not really sure what to do with it! I'll deliver it to a freighthouse for unloading so I can then load up with some elcric motors to be forwarded. Here are some pics of the arrival of the car:

Here a cut of cars has been left on the NYC's interchange track with the JGL. The NYC Mikado is backing to the rest of its train on the passing siding.

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - jglfan - 02-02-2012

Later in the day a local switcher comes by with a depressed center flatcar also bound for JGL rails. She will take the cut of cars down the JGL line to Blakesly Yard, where she'll also pick up some cars for the return trip.

She's on her way.

Under Rt 23, we won't see her again till she reached the yard, that will have to another day, my time's up!

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - ngauger - 02-02-2012

Some nice pice there Smile Smile I like the steam engine!!!

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Green_Elite_Cab - 02-02-2012

jglfan Wrote:So I've received a carload of industrial strength delicious cake. Not really sure what to do with it!

Neither did we, but we had to get rid of it somehow! We assume from testing that it is not deadly, though it is not fully understood.

(To be fair, the only industry on my layout is Magic Pan Bakery... and i was not creative enough to find an excuse for a non baked good product. Should have put American Hardware Supply back on the layout!).

[Image: 16949_277838538718_277836803718_3288519_6487812_n.jpg]