HO Tour Car Pictures - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Anniversary Car Tours (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: HO Big Blue Car Tour (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: HO Tour Car Pictures (/showthread.php?tid=3822)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - tetters - 02-08-2012

jglfan Wrote:Hey, she's being spotted at Nielson Motors, where she'll be picking up a load of electric motors.

Electric Motors for the mixers to make more of that delicious Industrial Strength Cake one hopes! Wink

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - doctorwayne - 02-08-2012

Thanks for the layout tour, Gary. Nice to see it again. Thumbsup

Lester Perry Wrote:...I looked at map quest and it looks like about a 3 hour ride if I were to try and find you. Never know I might try it some day.

It's well worth the drive, Les.

Wayne

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - jglfan - 02-09-2012

Hi Lestor, you'd be most welcome to come visit!

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 02-09-2012

I felt I would be. I have found that most model railroaders are that way. If I do decide to visit it would probably be in the summer. Is there anything near you that my wife would enjoy if I made it a 4 or 5 day trip for both of us?

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - jglfan - 02-09-2012

Thanks for that promo Wayne. The check is in the mail! Lester, it all depends on what she likes I suppose. 30 minutes (non rush hour) to NYC. Lots to do or see there. About the same time west is the Delaware Water Gap. Nice scenery and hiking. Just pm me if you decide to come up.

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 02-09-2012

will do sir.

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Steamtrains - 02-09-2012

That's an absolute beauty of a layout..!! Thumbsup
And that Mike is a real brute...Gotta love it..!!

Question...Is that little freight station in pic "gauge31 017" scratchbuilt or commercial..?? Gotta have one..!! Goldth

Let's see so' more of this gorgeous layout and its steamers...!!

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - jglfan - 02-10-2012

Hi Gus, that is a kit, made by a company called Stella Scale Models. I added the wood platform and enlarged a pair of windows to add a freight door. Here is a link:http://www.stellascalemodels.com/Martins_Creek_Station.htm

Very nice model. Thanks for the kind words!

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - jglfan - 02-16-2012

I found a couple pics of the old Gauge car from several years ago:

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Steamtrains - 02-16-2012

Thanks for the info..!! I didn't look close enough at your pic to see that it's a stone structure.... Eek

The addition of the large door and loading dock make it a much more appealing structure. I might have to build me one, but make it a wooden structure.

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 02-18-2012

I was bringing a mixed freight onto the layout coming out of Baltimore this evening. As it was coming around a turn on a new part of my layout I noticed a unique car. I managed to get a quick photo of it as it rolled by. Does anyone know anything about this BBG company? I must say it is a sharp looking car.

[Image: 100_6069.jpg]

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Green_Elite_Cab - 02-19-2012

jglfan Wrote:Chris, I remember discussing the catanary way back when, I can't remember the name of the company I bought the towers and wire from, but you were aware of them and they were too pricey for you, you proceded to scrathbuild a beautiful model! I had trouble soldering the wire sections together but since it was a dummy scene, I just used ca. It looks in your pics like you used the same cut stone wall sections I used in that NE corridor scene. I bought one and make a master and lots of castings. You see in my photo how it ends in a column of concrete? That's just the end of a casting sanded smooth.

I think I remember, that might have been back on the "old" website! you're using the Model Memories stuff. Its not bad, but I often wonder how adaptable it is to particular track situations. I know they will custom cut pole height, but with scratchbuilding, I can make sure all the poles "make sense" where they are.

those stone cut sections are on my club layout, and they also cloned the sections, since no one can seem to figure out where they came from!

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Sumpter250 - 02-19-2012

Lester Perry Wrote:I was bringing a mixed freight onto the layout coming out of Baltimore this evening. As it was coming around a turn on a new part of my layout I noticed a unique car. I managed to get a quick photo of it as it rolled by. Does anyone know anything about this BBG company? I must say it is a sharp looking car.

Those must have been some extremely heavy motors, that got loaded into BBG 100119. That's a C&O T-1 2-10-4 pulling that "load" ! Thumbsup Thumbsup

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 02-19-2012

Well it is a good size train, there is a loooonngg, longer & longer grade it must pull which will drag you down. Also this was the first run for that locomotive on the new stuff. As I suspected it tried to get off of the track all the way :!:

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 02-21-2012

I thought I would follow the BBG car to Clifton Forge and get a few pics.

[Image: 100_6074.jpg]
I'll bet that police officer isn't very happy. Did you notice the bill board?

It seems the only place I can get a good shot is at a crossing.

[Image: 100_6076.jpg]

Sometimes you just have to get whatever pics you can.

[Image: 100_6078.jpg]

Going past the station and heading out of town.

[Image: 100_6081.jpg]

This is probably the last couple of pics I will be able to get before it arrives at Clifton Forge yard. Catching it crossing Mud River.

[Image: 100_6082.jpg]

[Image: 100_6083.jpg]

Now coming into Clifton Forge. Click on the photo.

[Image: th_100_6086.jpg]