HO Tour Car Pictures - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Anniversary Car Tours (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: HO Big Blue Car Tour (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+---- Thread: HO Tour Car Pictures (/showthread.php?tid=3822)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Ralph - 06-02-2011

Thanks for keeping the tour going Kevin! Great pics and I liked your clever rationale for why the steel car was visiting. Thumbsup
Ralph

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - ezdays - 06-08-2011

It was a surprise for the folks here at the Canyon State RR to see the BB&G car #BBG100119 sitting on the Marble Canyon overpass bridge. We were expecting it, but we didn't figure it to be almost twice the size of our regular freight cars. Why, even the wheels were not spaced to fit our (n)ormal rails. HO, what to do, we had ourselves a predicament to say the least.

With a lot of LPB power, we were able to move the car to a siding that was accidentally built to twice size a while back. We had no idea this track would come in handy someday. It was our intent to put this oversized car on two flat cars and move it away. Here are a few pics of this operation. It took two crane cars to accomplish the job.

Finally, the car is secured and being taken away. Amazingly, this operation only took these LPB's a couple of hours, but it did require shutting down the main road through Santa Maria as a precaution.

The car was brought to a section of track that would allow those two crane cars to remove the car from our tracks and put it in a secure container to be sent off to its next destination, Texas. We have contacted the USPS, and if you can see it in the pictures, they have dispatched a Postal Service truck to pick up the container. I know it doesn't look like it'll fit, but the Post Office is great at making packages fit in the available space. Eek What is also amazing is that those LPB's were able to get those bands off the load intact and undamaged.

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Sumpter250 - 06-09-2011

ezdays Wrote:What is also amazing is that those LPB's were able to get those bands off the load intact and undamaged.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

There were two of your LPBs that must have been launched when removing the "bands". They were not injured by the launch/journey/fall/impact here, but ----- they passed through the clouds created by the massive Arizona wildfires, and suffered severe smoke inhalation. They'll be sent home once they've recovered. Confusedhock: Wink 357

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - ezdays - 06-09-2011

Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:What is also amazing is that those LPB's were able to get those bands off the load intact and undamaged.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

There were two of your LPBs that must have been launched when removing the "bands". They were not injured by the launch/journey/fall/impact here, but ----- they passed through the clouds created by the massive Arizona wildfires, and suffered severe smoke inhalation. They'll be sent home once they've recovered. Confusedhock: Wink 357
By the time that last picture was taken, they were really tuckered out so I sent them all over to Denny's for a quick pint or two. Cheers Cheers And yes, that's their next assignment, heading over to Alpine to fight the wildfires. Between that one and the others, we've lost over one-half million acres of forest land and there's no containment on the biggest one, now in its tenth day. Nope

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - nachoman - 06-09-2011

ezdays Wrote:By the time that last picture was taken, they were really tuckered out so I sent them all over to Denny's for a quick pint or two. :

When did they start selling beer at Denny's? Cheers

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - ezdays - 06-09-2011

nachoman Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:By the time that last picture was taken, they were really tuckered out so I sent them all over to Denny's for a quick pint or two. :

When did they start selling beer at Denny's? Cheers
Long ago most Denny's had a bar in the back. They seem to have all but disappeared, but I still kept that tradition in the Denny's that I built that is in the background of that last picture. Cheers Popcornbeer

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - ezdays - 06-19-2011

After all that effort to box the car (pun), it was necessary for the LPB's to put the car on a siding awaiting its manifest. The siding is a remote one that is heavily guarded by some LGM. They've been assigned 24/7 duties to protect the contents of the car, along with their other duties that they've refused to divulge. One sign of this is seen in one of the covert shots that were taking near a site known in the alien circles as "Area 51 1/2". :mrgreen:

We hope to get the manifest within the next few days in order to release the car since these green guys are telling us that the car is interfering with their primary job of intergalactic transportation.

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Lester Perry - 06-20-2011

I am glad it is not coming to Delaware next. I don't need any bio problems here. Going elsewhere will give it a chance to decontaminate. I don't need anymore strange sitings here, the last one was when Mr Jones had to relocate his whiskey business. He gave a neighbor some to test the quality and the neighbor saw strange lights in the sky and swore one of them landed in his back yard. It took months for life to return to normal in Big Ugly. Hey now totally off topic, does any one remember a saying in school . I before E except after C ?

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Sumpter250 - 06-20-2011

" does any one remember a saying in school . I before E except after C ? "
As in....accepting a receipt for a diesel ? Wink
Yup, I remember that. Thumbsup

The reason I asked that is I use that rule and my spell check always corrects me as it did in that post.
neighbor I am not sure there are any words that actually follow that rule except crier. oh wait that's not it either. There it is again.

OOPs a little off topic I guess I will drop it now

Re: HO Tour Car Pictures - Ralph - 06-20-2011

Lester Perry Wrote:OOPs a little off topic I guess I will drop it now

No problem! Might as well chat about something while we wait for the paper work to catch up with the car. Smile