Father's Day Presents - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Upper Berth (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Father's Day Presents (/showthread.php?tid=4121)

Father's Day Presents - MountainMan - 06-16-2011

Last night my wife and stepson brought home, among other things, unexpected Father's Day presents.

The first was a framed collection of metal tags from the blasting crew at a local mine. Thumbsup

The second was a lantern from the AT&SF, complete with etched glass railroad title "AT&SFRY" and in prime condition and full working order - just add oil and light! Thumbsup Thumbsup

2285_ 2285_ 2285_

Re: Father's Day Presents - tetters - 06-16-2011

I bought myself a Father's Day gift last night. An Impact wrench and gun to complement the small assortment of other compressed air tools I have.

Now I'm dying to take the wheels off my van! Misngth

Re: Father's Day Presents - MountainMan - 06-16-2011

tetters Wrote:I bought myself a Father's Day gift last night. An Impact wrench and gun to complement the small assortment of other compressed air tools I have.

Now I'm dying to take the wheels off my van! Misngth

We're Rednecks out here - we help take the wheels off each other's homes!! 357

Re: Father's Day Presents - Mr Fixit - 06-16-2011

MountainMan Wrote:Last night my wife and stepson brought home, among other things, unexpected Father's Day presents.

The first was a framed collection of metal tags from the blasting crew at a local mine. Thumbsup

The second was a lantern from the AT&SF, complete with etched glass railroad title "AT&SFRY" and in prime condition and full working order - just add oil and light! Thumbsup Thumbsup

2285_ 2285_ 2285_

Okay Happy Father's Day to my North American friends.

The railroad lantern I get that present, but whats with the blasting crew metal tags?

Mark

Re: Father's Day Presents - MountainMan - 06-17-2011

From the coal mines in our area that the AT&SF and UP used to serve. The old rail grades all around us are a reminder of the times when this area had two mining towns and three mining camps working 24/7, all in an area of only a few square miles.

Miners' tags are common, but a complete set of blaster's tags is not.

Re: Father's Day Presents - Mr Fixit - 06-17-2011

Ah, now I get it.

Your talking about the metal tags underground miners take from the big board to show who is underground and who has returned to the surface.

Mark

Re: Father's Day Presents - MountainMan - 06-17-2011

Mr Fixit Wrote:Ah, now I get it.

Your talking about the metal tags underground miners take from the big board to show who is underground and who has returned to the surface.

Mark

Yes, I am...sorry. I should have been clearer. Thee are the ones used by the master blaster and his assistants to insure the area was clear before firing the charges.

Re: Father's Day Presents - railroader9731 - 06-18-2011

Nice items, Heres my pre fathers day gifts, a new 200$ camera and stopped off at a flea market thats 5 min away from home and spent 80$ there and heres what i got

Re: Father's Day Presents - Ralph - 06-18-2011

Good for you guys! Happy Father's Day in advance to all of you Dad's out there!!!!!! Waveof7
Ralph

Re: Father's Day Presents - railroader9731 - 06-18-2011

Heres a better pics of a few of the cars i got. Got a few more to put together and a station Cheers