Short Line IPD Equipment - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Photographer's right of way (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Shutterbug area (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Short Line IPD Equipment (/showthread.php?tid=4275)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - Gary S - 08-04-2011

This is excellent. Keep them coming! And thanks for the hard work getting them converted and posted!

Short Line IPD Equipment - FCIN - 08-04-2011

Here's another Ashley Drew & Northern variation 50ft single sliding door     East St Louis Junction 50ft cushion underframe double sliding door     Northern Alberta Railways 50ft double sliding door     North Louisiana & Gulf 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door     Norwod & St Lawrence Railroad 50ft single sliding door    

Oregon Northwestern 50ft double sliding door     Port Huron & Detroit 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door     Pickens Railroad 50ft XF single sliding door (in Bicentennial scheme)     Pickens Railroad 50ft single sliding door     Peninsula Terminal 50ft single sliding door    

Providence & Worcester 60ft cushion underframe single sliding door     Raritan River 50ft single sliding door     Roscoe Snyder & Pacific 50ft single plug door     Roscoe Snyder & Pacific 50ft single sliding door     Sandersville Railroad 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door    

San Luis Central 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door     St Marys Railroad 50ft cushion underframe single plug door     St Marys Railroad 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door     Seattle & North Coast 50ft cushion underframe double sliding door     Terminal Railway Alabama State Docks 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door    

Texas Mexican Railway 50ft single sliding door     Trans-Kentucky Transportation System 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door (these cars were reassigned to TTIS by Itel Rail from the Bath & Hammondsport Railroad. The first batch simply had the reporting marks changed and still carried the BH lettering and logo and there's a story behind that too. This version was completely repainted with a color that was a close match for the BH wine color, but it quickly faded to a rather sick looking box car red)     Virginia Central 50ft single sliding door in the second run painted a lovely green and white    
Virginia Central 50ft single sliding door in the first box car red and yellow paint scheme     Valley and Siletz Railroad 50ft double sliding door hicube    

Vermont Railway 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door (one of several variations for VTR. The first ones had SSI lettered vertically just to the left of the VTR logo)     Vermont Railway 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door (final variation)     Wabash Valley Railroad 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door (this company, operated by Morrison-Knudsen didn't last too long so I was very lucky to catch this one before it was reassigned to another road)     Youngstown & Southern 50ft single sliding door    

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - FCIN - 08-04-2011

Gary S Wrote:This is excellent. Keep them coming! And thanks for the hard work getting them converted and posted!
Thanks Gary! I guess you can tell why I model the late 70's to early 80's era! You don't see this kind of color and variety modeling the current era, although I have to admit it has its own rewards. It was an exciting time on the railroads and made rail fanning far more interesting IMHO.

It is a long, slow process, but I hope that many folks will find this interesting. There are a lot of younger modelers that never saw this equipment or at least don't remember it. Many will have never heard of most these railroads either, so it could be considered an education.

This is the last of the ones in the "duplicates/extras" box, so now I'll have to spend some time going through the main slide collection to dig out more, and there are many. Unfortunately, they are scattered throughout the slide trays! Any way, I'll add more as time permits.

Short Line IPD Equipment - FCIN - 08-08-2011

Well here are a few more. Have to apologize for them not being in any particular order, but they are scattered all through the slide collection so will post them as I come to them. Also, HP has updated the scanning software and I'm having to master the changes they made - some good - some not so good! New software allows me to scan 5 slides at once instead of one at a time, but many of the features in the old software are missing - that's progress!

Corinth & Counce 50ft cushion underframe single sliding door     Camino Placerville and Lake Tahoe 50ft cushion underframe double sliding door     Lenawee County 50ft single sliding door     Louisville New Albany & Corydon 50ft single sliding door     Louisiana Midland 50ft single sliding door    

Short Line IPD Equipment - FCIN - 08-08-2011

Oregon Pacific & Eastern 50ft cushion underframe double sliding door (with Kyle Railways logo)     Port of Tillamook Bay 50ft cushion underframe double sliding door     Warren & Ouachita Valley 50ft single sliding door     Sort of a toss-up as to whether this is a true Short Line IPD car, as the W&OV short line was a subsidiary of the Rock Island and this fleet of cars (numbered 1-99) carried the Rock Island logo and Route Rock slogan. Still they were fielded and treated as IPD cars. Never did see No. 1 but was always on the lookout for it.

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - railohio - 08-08-2011

Here's an update to the modern era:

[Image: 5517196945_0ef1621697.jpg]
GNWR7227DeshlerOH2-25-11 by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 5517195189_2d254bd67c.jpg]
AGR6120DeshlerOH2-25-11 by railohio, on Flickr

[Image: 5266221502_742e9fff8e.jpg]
_GMRC25009DeshlerOH6-11-10 by railohio, on Flickr

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - railohio - 08-08-2011

And for giggles, one in N Scale:

[Image: 4961357507_3be34c6598.jpg]
VC5220_9-5-10 by railohio, on Flickr

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - IndyCity - 08-08-2011

Wonderfull car photos.

But when did you make them ?

In the 80s ? Or 90s ?

Or are these current pictures ?

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - cv_acr - 08-08-2011

This is a great thread.

It is sometimes possible to find shortline cars in their original colours still, but almost never in their original reporting marks anymore, and 30-40 years of weathering really takes their toll on the original paint. Most cars still in their original 1970s paint are pretty ratty looking. And new repaints tend to be plain brown.

This is a great look back in the past when boxcars were colourful.

Re: Short Line IPD Equipment - FCIN - 08-08-2011

IndyCity Wrote:Wonderfull car photos.
But when did you make them ?
In the 80s ? Or 90s ?
Or are these current pictures ?
Joerg;
Thanks! These slides were all taken in the late 70's to mid-1980's when the cars were new or only a few years old and in their original reporting marks. You do not see anything like this today. railohio has posted a couple of examples of what you do see currently.