Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Waldbahner - 04-11-2012

Hi Mike,

I like your pulpwood loading scene. The pulpwood cars are also nice.
I hope to see some overall views again when the layout is done.

Bye, Gerd

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 04-11-2012

Good to hear you are O.K. now Harry! Thumbsup Thanks Gerd, I'm glad you like it. As far as an overall pic when the layout is done that isn't possible as a layout is NEVER done! Nope Icon_lol But I will try to get an up to date overall pic up soon.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 04-12-2012

Here is an overall pic and a close-up of the area that needs to be done next:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 04-12-2012

That "overall" shot looks amazing ---- kind of like standing on a hillside and looking into an actual valley location.
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers

Thanks Pete, that's the look I'm going for. I have ridges and tall trees on on the front edge (more to come) to reinforce the "you are looking into a gap in the mountains) look . Nice to know you saw what I'm striving for.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 04-12-2012

Cheers The combination of all of your trees and your photo backdrop really create the impression Pete mentioned.

Ralph

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - MountainMan - 04-12-2012

Very nicely done. Thumbsup

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - faraway - 04-12-2012

I love your layout because you proof two important things
1. A layout with a lot of scenery and nature can be done with limited space. An ISL is not the only answer to deal with space problems
2. N scale has the same capabilities as H0 if it falls into the right hands. The amount of details is amazing.

Folks thank you for the kind comments, really appreciated! Reinhard I agree that N scale can be on a par with HO in the right hands. Hands like the Reid brothers, Bill Denton, Art Fahie, Dan Lewis, Lance Mindheim and Bernard Kempinski to name a few. Hopefully one day I'll be in that leauge as well.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 04-12-2012

Looks great . Blending the backdrop with the layout , like you did , really brings it out . Hard to believe it's N scale . Anyone seeing the photo would guess HO for sure . Thumbsup

Terry

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Waldbahner - 04-13-2012

Many thanks Mike !!!

All that I would have to say is actually written. I also like your layout for the "look from the mountain" concept that you did very well.
It's also my way to place hills or buildings on front of the rail to get the model trains from the silver tablet. It look more realistic when the trains are hidden by front scenerey from time to time.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure that you're not so far away from the big men of model railroading you listed above.

Cheers, Gerd

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 04-13-2012

Thanks guys!

"Keep up the good work and I'm sure that you're not so far away from the big men of model railroading you listed above."

Somedays I'm not so sure Gerd. Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 04-15-2012

Mike my Z scale layout has been "DONE" three times now.It is quite common to get a layout "DONE"The thing about layouts is they are NEVER finished Eek because once they are finished you build a new one because there is nothing to be "DONE" on the layout. :mrgreen:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 04-16-2012

Catt when one hits the 90% complete (as close as you can get to a completed layout Goldth ) you could run it rather that tear it down or go back in and start upgrading or re-doing the areas that you like the least. I built mine a way to expand it off each end and will be doing so. If it ever gets to a point that the layout is done to the 100% level and is perfect so therefore can't be improved on in any way (no chance of that Icon_lol ) it will be time to ditch the hobby and go fishing, after all what's the chances of building two perfect layouts in one lifetime? Eek Eek Eek

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 04-16-2012

Tyson Rayles Wrote:If it ever gets to a point that the layout is done to the 100% level and is perfect so therefore can't be improved on in any way (no chance of that Icon_lol ) it will be time to ditch the hobby and go fishing, after all what's the chances of building two perfect layouts in one lifetime? Eek Eek Eek

Big Grin Big Grin If.......there is ONE chance, in infinity, that it could happen...
it could be considered highly improbable !! :o ----
BUT !!! it is possible. Wink Smile