Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: Mainline (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: N/Z and Smaller Modeling (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=4413)

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 08-25-2012

Thanks guys for the imput. The color of the tobacco would be easy enough to change, my problem is that the leaves are vertical instead of horizontal, but i never could find anything that looked any better with the leaves in that direction. I think I will stick with the corn, but I may get some more to make the field bigger.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Sumpter250 - 08-25-2012

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Thanks guys for the imput. The color of the tobacco would be easy enough to change, my problem is that the leaves are vertical instead of horizontal, but i never could find anything that looked any better with the leaves in that direction. I think I will stick with the corn, but I may get some more to make the field bigger.

Guess I've never seen Tobacco growing......besides, I've never heard of tobacco being distilled ! Wink Wink Wink 357
I like the cornfields.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 08-25-2012

"......besides, I've never heard of tobacco being distilled !"

Doubt you could find anybody brave enough to taste it if you did! Icon_lol

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 08-30-2012

Just a progress shot. Been working on the hills to the left of and behind the trailer. The backdrop is a temp so you don't see the hallway.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Harry - 08-30-2012

good work, mike Thumbsup Cheers

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 08-30-2012

Thumbsup X 10 :mrgreen:

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 08-30-2012

Thanks guys!

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Joetodd - 12-16-2012

Being a southern fan myself, you do great work!!!!!
Love the water spilling of the layout.
Can not wait to see your next project.
I spent a day reading 27 pages of this post. Thank you JT

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 12-17-2012

Joe thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you like it. I hope to get back on it soon.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-23-2013

It seems like forever but I'm finally getting back to work on the layout. With phase one pretty much finished (yeah, I know they are NEVER truely finished Icon_lol ) it's time to start on Phase two. It will fill in the space on the left hand side of the layout over to the doorway. In time a hole will be punched thru the wall and it will lead to a staging yard in the hallway. it will connect with the track coming out from under the bridge. It's good to be back at work on the layout 2285_ !

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Tyson Rayles - 01-23-2013

I have the benchwork done (it's a whopping 1 foot by 3 foot ). The foam and track are temporary while I check the height to make sure the track will line up.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Catt - 01-23-2013

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Mike,my friend good to see your working on the layout again.

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - teejay - 01-23-2013

Good to see you back at it , Mike , I think the rr really missed you !

T

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Ralph - 01-23-2013

Nice! I really like the idea of a staging yard on the other side of the wall. In my "manifest destiny" moments I picture a hole leading to the laundry room side of the basement...and then I get real again. Smile
Great to see you posting about your layout again!
Ralph

Re: Nantahala Midland V 3.0 - Southern Tuxedo - 01-24-2013

Sweet!

A double headed train on a 1 x 3 foot board…with room to spare for a few more cars…what’s not to like about that? Oh yea, and it’s the Southern Railway.

Makes me wonder if I picked the wrong scale…

I love what you have done with this layout Mike. It’s extremely impressive.

Mark